Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Budget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mini Budget

We've had all, this before. In the 80s when property in the UK was soaring. I got caught up between buying and selling for four years. My house started dropping in price for those four years, but so did the one I bought. Eventually, my new mortgage was about 40% lower than first calculated, so I was happy with that.
    A house is a home, you can't spend it, and I was so much better off for the crash in prices. Any youngsters today getting knocked back on a mortgage, will be pleased in a few years time when they finally do get one.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just my little bit! Now Now ! LOL

Erll i have not had much in the line of Buying and Selling Houses, but have had only three, one in South Africa which we had to sell when Immigrating at a loss i may add, and Two here!
    Firsy one in Penrith Bought for $119000, not bad, sold 17 Years later for $347000, so some profit but after a long time.
    Bought this House in Blackheath with proceeds cash at $345000 so only made a mere 2000 gain, not much at all.
    Been here for some 12 Years now and at last look with Estate Agnt was worth $1.12 Million, so thats a wee bit better!
    Not taht we are looking at selling now, too old reckon we will Peg it here now! LOL
    But at least now free of all debts etc, and live just a normal life with no Aires or Graces! Plain Janes!! That Us!!
    Be good to each other Lads, life is too short to be unfriendly!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#66 change of name might also upset those guilty of identity stealing who I think are the lowest of the low . Optus has certainly opened the door to the misfits who attempt and usually want to use others , being too ashamed to use their own maybe ? Pleased I do no banking over the internet or Cappys 3/9d May of disappeared by now. Maybe all these countries running on deficits can blame Optus for the shortages and the identity stealers. JS
    R575129

6. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI John.
    I have no sympathy for the thousands who have lost their Identity's with Optus, In order to get a Passport you can go to the post office, if you use one of the online accounts you leave your self open to having your identity stolen, same with your driving license, get it from the Govt office direct, and it goes without saying that if you use the net to do your banking you could lose all you cash, technology is moving fast these days, and there are many like me who don't know their Ar#@ from their elbow, when using a mobile to bank. so I keep off the system. No Facebook, Twitter or any the other things that are there to take what little money I can't afford to lose.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

8. Likes happy daze john in oz, j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Vernon.
    Unlike you we have had a few houses, struggled with our first in NZ, in the end had to sell it at a loss as we couldn't afford it, then built one that we made a little profit on , before heading for Aus, where we had three houses here, the last one we built free of a mortgage. Then went back to NZ and bought a house which we lost some money on selling to come back to Aus, then we bought this house using all our cash, but have been very happy with, and don't think we will be moving from.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des, while I agree with your sentiment on the subject of pass ports etc the younger generation do not sadly.
    But today it is becoming harder to get any thing done unless on line, no real people left.

As to the current situation, sorry Louis but it is not the current govs fault, it has so many facets to it there is not enough space to spell it all out.
    But the system of raising interest rates to quell inflation is similar to beating a man over the head with a wooden club to reduce his headache.

The basket of goods used to measure it is odd to say the least.
    Alcohol. tobacco and fuel are in the mix, items where the tax is regularly increased by the gov.
    The rents, overseas travel are also in there.
    No mention of foods or other every day costs such as power prices.
    Adding to the problem the head long rush into renewable energy without any form of back up to support it.

AS to the opposition in any country, in most instances their ideas are not far removed from the gov as they well know the situation.
    So your leader of the opposition Mr. steer Clear will face exactly the same problems as the current lot.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Like you Des I won’t touch on line banking for my personal needs but see it shortly being forced on us by the big banks and closures of same and wanting everyone to do transactions with machines .The grocery store the same is happening to them only today I was sitting on my usual bench seat next to the tills and didn’t seem right ,so said to the girl behind the till have they moved this seat as have a different view of the aisles. No she said they have just taken a till out and extended the DIY cash yourself out. They are trying to put us out of work. They must think everyone is an honest john, another good reason to change my name to Jack, the cash they lose with no human service will probably be supplemented by putting prices up, they must be just plain stupid.The false identity and the loss of credit cards will show in the ratings of prices in time to come .The time. Will come when they have no option but to return to human personnel , unfortuanetley there will.be plenty of grief before then but fortuanetley we should’ve been long gone . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 30th September 2022 at 07:48 AM.
    R575129

13. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John after the next UK general election Prime Minister Keir Starmer will face many more problems than the current PM.
    Before he can introduce his own policies he will have to deal with the enormous political mess he will inherent.

Before an election all political parties promise change but it rarely happens. Liz Truss sees herself as a latter day Margaret Thatcher while Keir Starmer is being advised by Tony Blair so it is back to the future.
    Last edited by Louis the fly; 30th September 2022 at 07:52 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When living in the Country Towns where ther are n Banks , or ones that had but are now closed down (Like here in Blackheath) one has no choice but to use Online Facilities!
    But just to say that most of those sort of things are pretty safe , as these days one has to have good passwords, 2A Autentication on most , and if you also have a password for your Computer that you must use before it Works , Plus any Anti Spam Programs etc , things are fairly safe>
    I have most all of these now, and while at times a bit of a bind i have at least Peace of Mind! Hopefully all this will keep me out of Trouble!

The last time i was scammed was in fact my own damn fault by letting someone talk me into them taking control of my Puter! Now No Way Hosay, no matter who, it will not happen again!\
    cHEERS
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#76 John in the recent mini budget I am pretty sure there was no increase in Alcohol , Tabacco or fuel duty. You mention Travel , the let's go green mob do not want people to travel, all those nasty emissions.

I think the reason for not increasing duty on booze is along the lines of keep them pis-ed fat drunk and stupid and they will vote for us again.
    On the news this morning there was a report on child poverty in the North East just under 50% of children living in poverty.
    Sooner there is a general election the better , this current lot are done and have been for a long time.

17. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast