Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Budget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mini Budget

#19 We had to work to own a home , today they expect it to come to them by the good fairy, there are plenty of now legal fairies around but I question the word good.

Suppose it depends on how children are brought up. Mine put himself through university and left with a masters degree and no debt.
    Took him and his girl friend 5 years to get enough for the deposit for there home. Max allowed to borrow was 3 times there combined annual salary. They were put through the ringer by Santander on financial checks to see if they could afford the loan. They choose a repayment mortgage 25 years@ 3.4%.
    Only thing my wife and I did for them was help with the DIY , bought them a new bed and a TV. Her mum and Dad bought them a washing machine & fridge.
    One piece of advice I did give him was if never to drop what they were repaying each month and if he had a few quid spare to pay it off the mortgage. As said depends on how one brings the kids up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    #19 We had to work to own a home , today they expect it to come to them by the good fairy, there are plenty of now legal fairies around but I question the word good.

Suppose it depends on how children are brought up. Mine put himself through university and left with a masters degree and no debt.
    Took him and his girl friend 5 years to get enough for the deposit for there home. Max allowed to borrow was 3 times there combined annual salary. They were put through the ringer by Santander on financial checks to see if they could afford the loan. They choose a repayment mortgage 25 years@ 3.4%.
    Only thing my wife and I did for them was help with the DIY , bought them a new bed and a TV. Her mum and Dad bought them a washing machine & fridge.
    One piece of advice I did give him was if never to drop what they were repaying each month and if he had a few quid spare to pay it off the mortgage. As said depends on how one brings the kids up.
    I did that also, every time the rate went up i paid what was required, but when it dropped I maintained the higher rate, so paid off mortgage a few years early.

3. Thanks James Curry, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did the same thing myself as I was earning good money. Always ran a decent car, nothing new or fancy. Had some great holidays but never went daft. If I found myself with what I would call spare cash doing nothing I would go down to the Halifax and pay in whatever I could. I was mortgage free by the time I was in my late 30's certainly before I was 40. I have had a few houses over the years, my wife loves DIY so they were always wrecks. With a bit of effort it was like printing money.
    My Lad is a chip of the old block building himself a nice little property portfolio .

As said it is all about giving your children a guiding hand , not hand outs.

5. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi vic #17
    good evening, today the labour party under steer clear starmer have announced that they will sort the immigration problem by setting a points based system, as well as their claim that more doctors and nurses will be hired, i presume these same doctors and nurses will be from far off lands, as there was no call that they would be training any indiginous ones. Sadly with the conservatives claiming they will get a grip of illegal immigration its hard to believe whom are telling the greatest lies, as net legal immigration last year was above three hundred thousand, and with foreign students alone bringing with them eighty thousand dependents, and over one hundred and fifty thousand illegal immigrants living cheek by jowl in hotels across the country and another two hundred thousand expected ukraines filling anything from ex ferries in scotland to individual people sharing their living spaces in terrace houses and with a reported possible two hundred and fifty thousand hong kong british passport owners on there way to blighty,and the green agenda forcing prices of everyday life through the ceiling i think its time to get rid of both of the parties mentioned and bring in a political party that means what is wrote on the tin and if they cannot do the job get rid of them until we find people that will.
    tom

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here you go Thomas. Not that I would ever doubt your integrity. but perhaps this is the party that you yearn for? (Swastika) I deleted Image as not wanted on this Forum Please refrain from using it again Thank You Doc
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 27th September 2022 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Whatever views people have on thread topics there is no excuse for posting an emblem that will upset many people. It should be removed immediately.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did you actually read #24? so what party emblem do you think his comments and perhaps beliefs would represent his political thinking this oneoswald.png or maybe this one.262-2624454_conservative-party-logo-1987-2006-old-conservative-party.jpg ?
    Last edited by James Curry; 27th September 2022 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Woman being interviewed tonight on the news. Currently the mortgage on the home is £1000 a month.If the expected increase on the mortgage goes as it is expected to. In the next few months the repayments will increase to £1400 per month. Hands on heart who thinks that is acceptable or affordable?

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thomas michael View Post
    hi vic #17
    good evening and bring in a political party that means what is wrote on the tin and if they cannot do the job get rid of them until we find people that will.
    tom
    The Conservative plan for immigration after Brexit The Conservative Party has won the general election and a mandate for its policy of an “Australian-style points based system” for immigration, whatever that means. The party manifesto leaves readers none the wiser. We can reveal that more details do exist.
    So I suppose Sir Keir Starmer has borrowed an idea by the Boris Johnson government?
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 27th September 2022 at 11:15 PM.

14. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#28 She should sell up , and live within her means. Her intention originally was probably to make a monetary gain in the first place, her name wasn’t Nicholas was it ? And chose the wrong tree to climb. JS
    R575129

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast