Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bid for Leadership Race....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post The Bid for Leadership Race....

Rishi Sunak's 'Job Application'

The slick ,very quickly published bid by Rishi Sunak(probably with the help of the Bollywood film makers fraternity, to bid to be the next UK PM is so transparently obvious that it was a pre-planned Coup,probably,in my humble opinion orchestrated many weeks ago by the two main cabinet contenders for it, Javid and Sunak,using the Chris Pincher 'bottom-toucher ' incident as the catalyst. Why else would Javid resign just hours before Sunak and prompt a 'stab-in -the back' moment for the PM.

I hope Rishi Sunak does not get the premiership.It is just my opinion but I,as a working class Tory,who should be used to supporting an elitist party full of highly educated,usually priveleged politicians-well,I have never taken to the man. Rishi, Winchester educated,a billionaire,along with millionaire wife, is very good at spending and 'giving away' Treasury money-as long as it is not his own.

At this moment,I may never vote Conservative again-NOT because of Boris-but because of the back stabbing,non-supportive traitors in the party that I have supported all my life. That does not mean I will vote for any other party-I will just abstain from voting-something I've always said I would never do...

It seems very unwise to get rid of a PM in mid office. The Tory Party,in their belief that the majority of the electorate wanted Boris out,are as usual out of touch with grass roots opinion,and are pandering to the hateful frenzy fuelled by the media and opposition parties on a clever,likeable flawed (aren't they all) leader who is blamed for all the world's evils

Coffee & News.gif
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 9th July 2022 at 07:29 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Bid for Leadership Race....

Surely people can see through Sunaks scheme, my instant thought when i saw that last night, was, that is not going to help his bid for leadership , it shows a pretty sneaky mentality. But then i have thought the same of Gove, a snake. Politicians in general are pretty scheming in one way or another.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Of course they are , that’s the nature of the beast, JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is an old saying .....better the devil you know than the devil you dont ....the ex chancelor sunak was known to have had a violent argument the night before he stabbed boris in the back over corporation tax ...ie giving investors in companies more of there profit to expand with ....without investment companies and countries and even small businnes cannot survive or even stand still ......it is only firstly due to investment that anyone has a job .....sunak refused.....he then fired up his preplanned attack on his prime minister......with his other preplanner javid .......without investment and profit to expand this country would stand still .....all in all this makes not an iota of difference to me personally ......but to this country it is unimaginable conservatives invest and make that dirty word profit possible..which pays the NHS the pensions and a million other freebies the labour policy is to spend regardless ie.... THERE IS NO MONEY LEFT .....the next question is who will become the next PM .....well it matters not a lot really as the opposition is so poor starmer always looks like he needs a good shite and his deputy ....well enough said ......it is a conservative government and i think that labour will never see power again.....it is a spent force

R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Two well known sayings which sometime in their careers will emerge of any party.
    They are tighter than a ducks anatomy and that’s watertight. And
    They’re lower than a snakes belly, and could even crawl under it.
    Today they even go to University to learn to be one, Most come out still thinking Manual Labour is a Spaniard. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1 That’s were nearly every bit of trouble on this earth starts Graham , the media , JS
    R575129

7. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In a poll carried out yesterday, the majority want Boris to carry on.
    Vic

9. Thanks cappy, N/A, Graham Shaw, Hazel Stringer thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting thoughts from those on the starboard wing.
    Rewriting history so soon after the event. Boris stabbed in the back??? Didn't he say he was not aware of charges against Pincher or Groper only to have admit later that he had been lying again??

Carry on Boris sounds like one of the old comedy movies.

11. Likes James Curry, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Louis, when is the real Starmer going to show up?
    Transistor Man, he flips and flops like a mop on a floor.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 9th July 2022 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Up fishing this morning early.CapVic.jpg. Is Boris going into the movies doing a new Carry On film. He is certainly well qualified along with most of the cabinet.
    Ben Wallace with luck will win the leadership vote. President Zelenskyy will be hoping for that result. The next PM will be a WASP, it is a British tradition.

14. Likes Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast