Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bid for Leadership Race....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Bid for Leadership Race....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Docherty View Post
    Truss bragging about how she faced up to putin,even on that she should never be PM.she wants britain to fight in ukraine with a military that could fit into villa park stadium,and said if she is PM ukraine will win,(anyone hear alarm bells) and this from a fanatical remainer,well fellas our future is in hands on tory members who are mostly over 70 years old
    Sorry to disagree with you there but I would opine that all our futures are in ther hands of the WEF and the likes which already have meny governments under their control.
    Last edited by John Cassels; 24th July 2022 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...and a very good cartoon of the Backstabbing Brigade in Saturday's Daily Mail.

The hitmen are Tory Party Chairman Oliver Dowden,Levelling Up Sec.Michael Gove and Chancellor Rishi Sunak.
    Shame On You All.
    The only one missing with a poised or thrown stiletto(-that's a dagger,not a kinky high heel-although I don't know)-is former good friend and ex Health Sec./Chancellor Javid Sajid who still says he 'd like to have a drink with Boris!....

3. Likes N/A, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do so enjoy these links to "secret societies etc." that make us aware of them on this thread. Without those links the damn things would have remained secret.

Cheers, Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodney, does the conspiracy theory by some here remind you of the whitch hunt from the MaCarthy years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nessie for PM

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#180 They should differentiate between a Secret Society and a Society having Secrets though ! The first one , one envisages black magic with all the trimmings and the second. Could be a harmless Society like the Co-Op or the wholesale society who happen to have a list of debtors .However the people who like to to stress the the Black magic bit are the usual media outlets hoping for the shock effect.JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th July 2022 at 12:12 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Never has a thread on a non shipping note gone so long, and on a most stupid subject.

I was in London for 10 days, some how I doubt many there care a toss about this. Most do nor speak English and I doubt they would know much about democracy.

Govs and any senior MP or even Pm can be brought down by the media not by what they have or have not done.
    One bit of gossip[ on fakebook can be enough to unseat any of them.
    As to who will win in the end, not the public who vote for the gov, no the position of Pm will be a two horse race decided by the rank and file of the members of the political party of the day.

PM are never voted in, the gov is and the leader becomes the PM.
    The back room boys are the ones who make or break, and as one poli said, 'at least the opposition stabs you in the front, not the back'.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome back John. Hope you didn’t bring any monkey Pox back with you . Suppose you made the obligatory visit to the nearest thing to the federation doctor before joining your cruise liner ? And tipped. Appropriately . Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for that mate.
    Did all the right things, Supervised RAT before leaving home, international vaccination certificate and no one looked at them, just asked if we had them!!!!!

May have been due to the fact the ship was 4 hours late docking that day.
    Rush to get all the new bloods on.

Story was this.
    New ship launched in 2019 just before the pandemic, did her maiden voyage end of 2021.
    In the North sea when a warning light came up in the main engine room.
    Ship was stopped four hours and all they found was a faulty light.

But not all bad news, all bloods on the next cruise, like me and the boss, all got a $50 US credit on our account for the delay.
    Bit tough on any non drinker, $50 and nothing to spend it on.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Found this comment about UK on the net today
    One of the most bewildering things I’ve come across as an adult immigrant to the UK, after the price of train tickets and separate hot and cold water taps, is how people talk about class. British people from well-off backgrounds will drop, quite unprompted, into conversation that they went to private school but that it was a “cheap” one. Or that they went to a well-known private school but were not as wealthy as the other students, because their parents couldn’t afford skiing holidays. Or that they went to Oxbridge but did so from a comprehensive school and had parents with “normal” jobs. Once, someone gave me (unrequested) their class history, in which they described going from a charmed home life, to private school in London, to Oxbridge and then a job in the media, “but my parents gave me nothing”. I have frequently and desperately wanted to ask, “Why are you telling me this?”

It took me a while living in this country to figure out what was going on. It wasn’t class oversharing, but class discounting – a way for people to establish that their status, whatever it was, was earned and not bequeathed. Britain is a country of enormous wealth, much of it inherited. In fact, inherited family wealth is fast becoming, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies, the most important determinant of how well-off a person will be later in life. Britain is also a place where the alumni of a small number of expensive schools and exclusive universities hold a wildly disproportionate share of the nation’s power, wealth and top jobs.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast