Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bid for Leadership Race....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Bid for Leadership Race....

The UK doe snot have exclusive rights to a health system in crisis.
    Here in Victoria, not sure about the rest of the nation, our system is far from healthy.
    During Covid all elective surgery was banned, premier saying we may need the private hospitals to take in covid cases.
    Fine in theory but not at all practicle.
    All our private hospitals are geared up for operations only, having to use public ones for things such as RMI scans.
    Result we now some 86,000 outstanding cases waiting for surgery.

My niece, deputy commissioner of radiography in St. Thomas hospital told me of the problems they had during the height of the virus and how eve now her hospital is 18 radiographers short of what is required to run a full service.

On the net today here in Oz, 39 reasons why Truss should not become PM.
    Some should be of concern to all even if only half true.
    Obviously some one has gone to a lot of trouble to itemise them all, and though many appear to be correct it could be a case of some one wanting to wreck her chances.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ell jim i speak from being a purveyor of various items to the NHS ....as after leaving the sea i ended up running my own factory in textile production items .....not from iether left or right do i speak .....but as a business man now retired 22 years....but i can assure you that i was offered large contracts from the NHS which was ....over 10 times the price of the same goods i supplied other customers with.....i had to look after my own folk .....and willingly supplied the NHS with the ridicoulos price they offered me......speaking to other suppliers it was accepted that ...the NHS was truly a golden goose .....there was no fiscal management on show from the NHS whatsoever .....it appears that the whole thing was run as a nationalised industry ......price was not a feature.....as the money would always be forth coming from the bottomless pit of the taxpayer .... this of course has now grown to the state of even the taxpayer is running out of patience .....i know nothing except the media about the scots NHS but it appears to be in a bigger mess in general than our other ....NHS components ....i only finish by saying the people of britain are being milked by the slogan .....OUR NHS.....if it was a businness it would have gone bust years ago putting millions of hard working folk out of work ......OUR NHS my ass R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Similar was said about the nationalisation of British Iron and Steel Cappy , only there the shipowner got the bulk of the milk from the taxpayer. However I never complained about that as some of it went to a good cause the taxpayer himself and put it down to a tax refund. In a good economy money is meant to go around in the country of its origin and not out into alien countries pockets . I would say the big failing of the NHS is it is open to any Tom Dick and Harry. And not to only those who prescribe to it. Most of us started life without it and survived , used to cost half a crown to see a doctor when I was a kid , and most times couldn’t afford it so didn’t get to go. But survived many probably didn’t, another part of history that present generations haven’t a clue about. When we came to live out here I had to pay for seeing a doctor , as an OAP and citizen I don’t , and up to now , touch wood have no complaints. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    ell jim i speak from being a purveyor of various items to the NHS ....as after leaving the sea i ended up running my own factory in textile production items .....not from iether left or right do i speak .....but as a business man now retired 22 years....but i can assure you that i was offered large contracts from the NHS which was ....over 10 times the price of the same goods i supplied other customers with.....i had to look after my own folk .....and willingly supplied the NHS with the ridicoulos price they offered me......speaking to other suppliers it was accepted that ...the NHS was truly a golden goose .....there was no fiscal management on show from the NHS whatsoever .....it appears that the whole thing was run as a nationalised industry ......price was not a feature.....as the money would always be forth coming from the bottomless pit of the taxpayer .... this of course has now grown to the state of even the taxpayer is running out of patience .....i know nothing except the media about the scots NHS but it appears to be in a bigger mess in general than our other ....NHS components ....i only finish by saying the people of britain are being milked by the slogan .....OUR NHS.....if it was a businness it would have gone bust years ago putting millions of hard working folk out of work ......OUR NHS my ass R683532
    The NCB was the same, when on leave I used to visit my old man in the pit workshops; I was always astonished at the waste of equipment and materials. Large electric motors left out in the elements with no attempt at protection, brand new nuts and bolts strewn about the ground outside etc. etc. While we used to regularly scratch about for spares and never chucked a nut or bolt away just in case it could be re used.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#274.. you would see the same in the armed forces Tony. Any government job is well payed . One is sheltered from the realities of the world as regards business. If something doesn’t work it is replaced and not repaired in situ. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: The Bid for Leadership Race....

Phew! Not experienced heat like this since my first trip to sea-and the Persian Gulf-in 1970! 36° C at 5 pm. just now ! Two more days of this then it will be big bangs in the sky and lots of water (hopefully).Expect the usual problem of drains not coping, the ground too parched so just runs away,and reservoirs still below required levels and throwing up long-lost villages which a hundred years ago were abandoned to flood the valleys and form the reservoirs.
    Anyway,this is not the Gripes and Moans forum,but the Politics Forum!

Yes,the leadership race is dawdling along in the background. I know followers ,of all parties ,will like the usual spot-on cartoon from the 'i' paper today.
    It depicts Boris in his Y-Fronts next to his fridge and bubbly bottle with headlines in his tossed-aside newspaper reporting we are in crisis. But why should he care now? He's only a caretaker now-and anyway he was stabbed in the back,wasn't he?,which neatly brings me to Richkid Sunak---fizzling out ,we all hope. Then there's Ms Truss, still slightly in the lead,showing how she wants to appeal to everyone,including the homeless beggar with' tax cuts nowl' placard-wouldn't suppose he pays tax anyway!
    And then,top left of picture we have-peeping from behind his curtain the one and only Sir Beer Korma,so secretive-he could be on holiday,yesterday a Labour minister embarrassingly admitted on LBC Radio,that he didn't know where his boss was......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't think Sir Beer Korma knows where he is.
    Vic

9. Likes Graham Shaw, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Don't think Sir Beer Korma knows where he is.
    Vic
    He's been told off by the inner sanctum at Labour HQ for not supporting the Union strikers officially ,and for sacking the Dep.Leader Angela Rayner's boyfriend, Sam Tarry for appearing on a rail strike picket.
    Rayner is also 'missing in action' during this time when Starmer is being criticised by the Party Kremlin for not supporting their largest donor of party funding,the Trade Unions.
    The left hardliners and a growing band of party faithful would prefer Corbyn again rather than Starmer...

11. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anyone know were the home secretary is at moment , perhaps on holiday in Rwanda checking out the pre-booked guest accommodation.

13. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Anyone know were the home secretary is at moment , perhaps on holiday in Rwanda checking out the pre-booked guest accommodation.
    yes there will be an avalanche of illegal immigrants flying out once truss gets the job ....like the song well we will be dragging them in and booting them out ....they cant come here living for nowt......R683532

15. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast