Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bid for Leadership Race....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Bid for Leadership Race....

Badly run debate, well Liz Truss certainly did not exactly perform well did she? Especially seeing as she has maintained her support for Boris giving him 7 out of 10 as PM. Rishi gave Boris 10 out of 10 for Brexit and Covid but felt let down by Boris and his behaviour. Rishi wiped the floor with Liz Truss/O'Leary. I wonder if Liz wins will she bring Mark Field back into ther inner circle

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#197 Keith nearly all the names mentioned on site re the British government are strange to me so cannot say anything apart from the name Boris Johnson who to me represents the British Government at the moment. However when I do look at some of the posed pictures of some of the others I am surprised at the nature of their relationship to the old British Empire . It does however show the furore behind the scenes which goes on among themselves . I wonder if Putin and the present President of the USA have the same problems , methinks no doubt they do . Makes me aware of the term Hawks and Doves often mentioned by the media in press reports especially about the US . Putin must be walking a tightrope as regards who he takes advice from also. There are other faceless ones there to pull the necessary strings in any government , even the Chinese President will have to Kow tow to someone who will be more than one probably many , otherwise he walks as well. Any government has to be of one mind to be successful unfortuanetley the Boris one is apparently not . Brexit was Boris’s one redeeming feature and what he will be known for , if I was living in the UK. I would of retained him for that alone. As to his personal behaviour appearance and sloppy manner he just demeans himself and them, in the eyes of ordinary people .Thats my only and personal view on politics . Cheers JS....Comparing a ship to the ship of government if it was run like a fiasco as some of them are in government , there wouldn’t be many of the crew re-signing on. A ship depends on its crew especially today with reduced manning where everyone is worth their weight in gold. God help the ship if there were any politicians in the crew . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 26th July 2022 at 01:23 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not much change here either. Our former illustrious leader Morrison will not appear at the first sitting of Parliament, he is off to Japan to meet up with other defeated leaders from around the world, questions are now being asked if he is being paid, I think if so it will be under the counter.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The same will happen to him as Bliar Des , he Will make a fortune by just talking to so called people of superior intelligence and plenty of money to listen to his spiel on world events . His audiences would learn more for free by just coming on this site. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: The Bid for Leadership Race....

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Just watched a badly run debate by the BBC, R Sunak was allowed to interrupt Truss at will, and was hardly pulled up and Truss allowed to continue, and the more i hear that man, the more my distrust of him grows, Boris was right when he said he did not mind who won, as long is it was not Sunak.
    Yes,but listening this morning to various radio news and feedback on that BBC televised debate from Stoke-on-Trent now shows that Sunak came across as unduly aggressive-in fact more like a Labour minister,and has been criticised by some colleagues,and has disgusted some audiences.He looked like the pressure was getting to him-and rather than emulating his professed heroine,Margaret Thatcher,he looked and sounded more like Tony Blair than ever,and one certainly got the feeling Richi would rather have been pushing his pen and crunching his numbers in the Treasury Office...Liz Truss is ahead as favourite-but as we know anything can happen-and it will. I am for her in this debate.

6. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The very idea of Liz Truss running the country has to be a joke. She has already been proven to be untrustworthy. She dislikes the Monachy, was a LIB DEM, was a Remainer during the Referendum and also cheated on her husband -hagging another Tory MP.

8. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sunak gave Boris 10 out f 10, he must have been using his other face, not the one he used to stab Boris with. Sophey Hayworth was useless as the chairwomen, she just allowed Sunak to shout down Truss, and hog the airtime, the art of debate is to allow one candidate to speak uninterrupted , and then the other candidate to respond, that way we would all learn more on what they are about.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Truss needs trussed like a turkey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sunak was looking like a guy who had been caught out.....panic looking .....truss calm and cool ...no wonder she is streets ahead ......truss for me .....R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Liss Truss affair was in 2006 why bring it up now?

13. Likes Graham Payne, cappy, thomas michael, N/A liked this post
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast