Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Labour Sleaze

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Long Eaton
    Posts
    4,819
    Thanks (Given)
    714
    Thanks (Received)
    5176
    Likes (Given)
    13369
    Likes (Received)
    15627

    Default Labour Sleaze

    See Sir Keir Starmer and David Lammy are to be investigated by the Standards Committed, for accepting/ money etc.
    Both claim they forgot - aye righteous.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 21st June 2022 at 08:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sunbury Victoria Australia
    Posts
    22,091
    Thanks (Given)
    6846
    Thanks (Received)
    8823
    Likes (Given)
    92360
    Likes (Received)
    39476

    Default Re: Labour Sleaze

    Quite possible.
    Did hear that to become one of them you must first have half your brain removed
    Happy daze John in Oz.

    Life is too short to blend in.

    John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

  3. Likes Graham Payne, Denis O'Shea liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    85
    Thanks (Given)
    20
    Thanks (Received)
    51
    Likes (Given)
    77
    Likes (Received)
    256

    Default Re: Labour Sleaze

    Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    See Sir Keir Starmer and David Lammy are to be investigated by the Standards Committed, for accepting/ money etc.
    Both claim they forgot - aye righteous.
    Vic
    Seems to happen pretty often Boris has failed to declare 9 times , Aye righteous right enough.

    Boris Johnson has offered MPs a “full and unreserved apology” over the late declaration of more than 52,000 in income.
    Last edited by James Curry; 22nd June 2022 at 01:52 PM.

  5. Likes Louis the fly liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Isleworth,London
    Posts
    950
    Thanks (Given)
    660
    Thanks (Received)
    1203
    Likes (Given)
    3353
    Likes (Received)
    4695

    Default Re: Labour Sleaze

    This thread is almost as entertaining-and very predictable- as sitting in at a Wednesday Prime Minister's Questions in the Commons.

    Back and forth , la Wimbledon or like wiff-waff as Boris calls table tennis!- insults ,excuses and,boos,hisses and ribald laughter- can be good or bad according to one's political persuasion. Speaker-wise-no-one could control the House like Betty Boothroyd!

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    85
    Thanks (Given)
    20
    Thanks (Received)
    51
    Likes (Given)
    77
    Likes (Received)
    256

    Default Re: Labour Sleaze

    No doubt about it when Betty Boothroyd said sit down you sat down. PMQ's has to be some of the best entertainment on TV.

  8. Likes Graham Shaw, cappy, Denis O'Shea liked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Isleworth,London
    Posts
    950
    Thanks (Given)
    660
    Thanks (Received)
    1203
    Likes (Given)
    3353
    Likes (Received)
    4695

    Red face Re: Labour Sleaze

    Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    No doubt about it when Betty Boothroyd said sit down you sat down. PMQ's has to be some of the best entertainment on TV.
    ......not forgetting,for some,the vicarious thrill of watching a lady cabinet minister on the Opposition front bench trying to put the PM off his stride ,by (allegedly) doing a Kenny Everett 'Cupid Stunt' character impression,crossing and uncrossing her legs ! CLICK !

  10. Likes cappy, Denis O'Shea liked this post
  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW
    Posts
    22,417
    Thanks (Given)
    38215
    Thanks (Received)
    12007
    Likes (Given)
    45881
    Likes (Received)
    34300

    Default Re: Labour Sleaze

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Shaw View Post
    This thread is almost as entertaining-and very predictable- as sitting in at a Wednesday Prime Minister's Questions in the Commons.

    Back and forth , la Wimbledon or like wiff-waff as Boris calls table tennis!- insults ,excuses and,boos,hisses and ribald laughter- can be good or bad according to one's political persuasion. Speaker-wise-no-one could control the House like Betty Boothroyd!
    Aye! Many wanted a Political Forum, and got it. Me thinks a an Error on my part to have given it ??
    But still i can remove the Entire Process if i like ! LOL
    cHEERS

    I hate Politics !!!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

    R697530

  12. Thanks Bill Morrison, Bill Cameron, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Bill Cameron, Denis O'Shea liked this post
  13. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North East Scotland
    Posts
    895
    Thanks (Given)
    1092
    Thanks (Received)
    773
    Likes (Given)
    8371
    Likes (Received)
    2425

    Default Re: Labour Sleaze

    #7 Doc. I think you are correct. If the lads need to let off steam, this is the proper place as long as it isn't libellious and keep it from the other threads.
    Bill.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •