Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rwanda flight

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Rwanda flight

The European Court of Human Rights has ruled that one of the illegals will be taken off the flight. Incredible really, if the ECOHM was concerned about these people, they would allow the UK the right to return them from whence they came , ie France, that would stop the traffic overnight, in fact the European pay Turkey vast amounts of money to do that from Europe. I have to Question why we listen to the ECOHR, we apparently are not binding to agree, but just to take account of their decisions . kt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61806048
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rwanda flight

Keith, it always amazes me that when they at about to be deported, the claim it interferes with their family life. Majority at single men and as far as I am aware they have no familiy here, therefore their claim in my opinion is invalid.
    The UN immigration rules clearly state that the claimant should claim asylum in the first safe country that they arrive in.
    As the majority of EU countries are safe why not claim in one of them?
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have over time had similar situations here in Oz.
    But with our sea borders we have been able to stop most illegal immigration.

Our policy is simple.
    'We will decide who comes, when and by what means'.

All nations have the right to say who can enter the country and by what means, illegal entry such as the UK is having is not one.

From observation in most instances it is a majority of males, very few females or children.
    The cry is always the same 'we are being percecuted in our own land'

If that is the case then I suggest they all get together and do something about it,, do not think it gives you a free pass to any economically sound country.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Flight canceled , did ANYONE really think that this would go ahead, we are still tied to the EURO rules WHY. ?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It would appear the government sat on it's backside for a very long time after the referendum doing very little. The whole deal or what ever you want to call it was signed and rushed through. No one really knew what they were signing or agreeing to.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just been reading about the ECHR, and apparently is nothing to do with the EU as such, although the court rules from European city, but it was a system set up after the 2nd world war, Largely by the Brits with others and which we had signed up to , after the 2nd world war. kt
    R689823

8. Thanks N/A, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    It would appear the government sat on it's backside for a very long time after the referendum doing very little. The whole deal or what ever you want to call it was signed and rushed through. No one really knew what they were signing or agreeing to.
    ....So thank God we 52% of the electorate who voted Leave wanted it.. No going back.You obviously didn't want it James---is that why You left for the..... erm .. 'UAE' ?

Best Wishes
    Graham

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No Graham, I was based and worked from the UAE . Check the regulations concerning residency for pensioners living in the UAE. Maybe it is time to update my profile that a few here seem to be interested in. Would you risk another vote tomorrow? Apart from worrying about me do you agree with sending illegals to Rwanda?

Strange how it is this group always pop up if anyone dare have an opinion that does not agree with a certain political view. Keith Tindell, Marian Gray, Bill Cameron, thomas michael, vic mcclymont. I do understand what is going on here. Let's hound someone who does not agree with the current UK HMG off the site. Really !!!! so much for freedom of speech and democracy.
    Admin if you feel the need to remove me from the group please feel free to do so.

11. Thanks Doc Vernon, Louis the fly thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No need for any removals from me James, as you say you have the right to Freedom of Speech , as long as its within the Site Rules and i dont see anything amiss here with your Posts!
    Just though do remember that as you, so have others their rights as well, but most all of what is said towards not only you James , is sort of Tongue in cheek as i see it ??

If there is anyone that makes real Waves on this issue, they will be dealt with, so no worries! As the say "Carry on Regardless"

Cheers

I really dont know what all this is about anyway ! LOL

Dont matter where in the World one lives, makes not an ioata of difference! Basil Faulty!

LOL

Just a question James!
    Is this the Regulations you talk of for Residency in the UAE.

https://immigrantinvest.com/insider/retire-in-dubai-en/

I would have loved to have lived there, as to what i have heard of the place! We had a Friend that lived there with her Husband , as he was there with the USA Air Force! They had a Flat , she sent Pics of! Wow!!!! Some Flat more like a miniature Palace!! LOL
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 16th June 2022 at 06:23 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#8 James hope you don’t get this twice the first one disappeared . In the mid 1990s I tried to trace an old shipmate , and got as far, as he was skippering a pilot cutter in the Kuwait area . So first I would without appearing offensive ask you if your correct surname is Curry. ? The shipmate was called James McNeill. As I would imagine all the UK people may have known each other , did you come across such , a very long shot but worth asking .Cheers JS

PS The sea school I went to in 1952 there was someone called Curry, and true to tradition there was also someone called Rice. You have probably come across this situation more than once if have moved around in shipping. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 16th June 2022 at 03:42 AM.
    R575129

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast