Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Hypocrisy of the Left

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hypocrisy of the Left

There would be an argument there if they were all genuine refugees . It was decided years ago that a refugee was a person fleeing persecution and death.Why bend the rules ?? If they want to come in do what people are supposed to do , fill in the forms to see that you are required or needed . Otherwise just stay away. As soon as you try to enter a country illegally you have a criminal record , criminals get deported in most countries of the world.
    I don’t have any sympathy for criminals . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Reply to #60

First, I agree wholeheartedly with JSW. All immigrants should be vetted before permission is granted to entry.

Next before stating that Australia has such a large land mass and a relatively small population in regard to that land mass. You should study the topography and weather of Australia. I do not know the exact percentage of Australia's land that is barren and unable to support human life or can only support small groups of nomadic people that can follow the limited water, but it is massive. Just look at the map of Australia and where the cities and towns are, they are mostly around the coast and not even then all the way around the coast and a few small towns down the center. Putting it bluntly, Australia cannot support a large influx of people, they would just add to the population of existing cities and towns and not fill in the land mass.

Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are correct Rod, I live in a small town of around 5,000, there are thousands of acres of land with small farms, [around 300 acres] that run a few sheep or cattle, and one or two big holdings that run thousands of the same. most of the emigrants live in the big cities which are bursting at the seams, people are being told to go to the regions, unfortunately there are no jobs there.
    Des
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most of our population lives along the east coast.
    I have travelled a lot of the country including bush regions that only just provide enough for a few creatures.

About 80% of the country is desert, salt bush and Gibber plains, not suited to living there.
    Our intake of GENUINE refugees is in line with the UN charter on such.
    However if you attempt to come into the country by the back door or some other illegal way you will be sent back.

About 7000 drowned at sea during the term of the last Labor gov, all ion boats run by people smugglers, exactly what is occurring bow in UK.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Marian Gray thanked for this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7