Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Masks (Covid)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Masks (Covid)

Figures bad again today but the 'experts' still say we are nearing the peak.
    I di hope they are correct.
    But new changes to restrictions will at least allow more transport to move essential goods.
    Supermarket shelves look a bit like the end of the world.

Dunny rolls again on ration!!!!!
    So stay off the Curry for a few days.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes indeed John
    I did our normal Shopping Today and Boy! Hardly anything on the Shelves at Coles, then to Woolies which seemed a bit better so between the two stores managed to get most of what i needed! Even got some Dunny Rolls at Woolies, Coles was bare!

Think as you say now with the new Rules in place at least hopefully the Shelves will start to get filled again!

Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vern it seems to be a few members with the same site problems, I just hope mine is sorted Thanks mate Terry/
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

glad to see you have come out well terry so many we know are under ground in our area i still cant see why people think it{covid} doesn't exist? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks John, As i said in my post it exists alright and you stay put with your feet up mate the last thing you need on top of what you have been threw is that bloody thing, I have heard of two deaths this week in this area both covid suspected and both under 70 years old, I am off out well wrapped up with the long haired one get some stores aboard thank god i got my appetite back i might treat myself to a bloody big tee bone, with grill tomatoes hash browns a poached egg and peas this time last week i was doing well to swallow a bowl of soup Regards Mate Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Terry glad to see you have beaten the dreaded lurgy was worried by your absence from site for so long. Enjoy the T.bone steak with all the trimmings and stop kissing all these strange young ladies. Best Rgds Den

7. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Down here in Cooma miles and miles from anywhere we have had only one glitch, shortage of milk in Coles, still had the big containers, next day it was kosher, big milk factory in Bega down the road., now the holidays are coming to an end we are not getting the hundreds of caravans buying everything up.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Only one answer Des , stock up with condensed milk, old lifeboat stores would do , can also use as marmalade when that runs out, is an acquired taste but used to go down well , especially when it was Cappys marmalade with small animals floating in it near the bottom. While your at it a couple of jars of Barley sugar would go down well . Cheers JS

This is a true story... I was 2 mate on a Runciman ship and docked in Liverpool after a short 6 month trip. The crowd asked me to ask the personnel/stores manager if they could have fresh milk delivered as weren’t paying off until the next day , so I asked him, of course he said I”ll have the dairy drop it off at the bottom of the gangway as soon as possible. Sure enough he did so. I went to find him to thank, and found him going round all the messroms collecting all the tins of condensed milk up and putting in a bag, this included the tins already broken into. I said what are you doing ? Collecting all the condensed milk in he said. why ? I asked , because they can’t have both , it’s one or the other. And I’m not going to set a practice of having both. This is 100% true and was the way a shipowner thought or at least his storm troopers did . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 15th January 2022 at 01:40 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Numbers down again today, the end is nigh, so they say.

Think my next door neighbors on the other side of the road from us have got the virus.
    Lots of people coming to the door and leaving shopping bags and leaving.
    But they are Greek Authodox would that make a difference I wonder.

In our town of some 36,500 there are about 500 cases of it.
    My brother is now let out again, only 7 days inside for it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Only one answer Des , stock up with condensed milk, old lifeboat stores would do , can also use as marmalade when that runs out, is an acquired taste but used to go down well , especially when it was Cappys marmalade with small animals floating in it near the bottom. While your at it a couple of jars of Barley sugar would go down well . Cheers JS

This is 100% true and was the way a shipowner thought or at least his storm troopers did . JS
    well john they only signed on for .......THERE WHACK ......they will be asking for FRESH EGGS ...next ....not them musky tasting greeny coloured yolks ...always used to give the boy catering ratings overtime for turning the eggs over .......or trying to catch non existent rat in the dry stores....one chief stupid asked me did the boy get the rat ......OH YES ITS DEAD AND GONE OVER THE WALL......at sea we were all on the make from the old man down......at least that was my experience.....others may disagree R683532
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 15th January 2022 at 07:43 PM.

13. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast