Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Masks (Covid)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Masks (Covid)

Des there is a lot of aggro about our Premier further aggravated by the reports of the media. As far as I am concerned he has done the correct thing from the very beginning , there is only one answer to combat the present situation and that is quarantine as every seaman should know , until a more powerful remedy is found. That’s the way it has to be. We all know as soon as the floodgate is open the State will be engulfed with the Covus putting all our reduced present amenities to nothing. More and more deaths especially in the elder community. I would suggest that all those unbelievers in WA should be allowed to leave the state with no return rights of entry until the doors are reopened. Would you like to have them ? Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    You only have to look at what has happened in Queensland. News last night, In Samoa which had no Covid had plane land from the mainland with 30 odd Covid cases on board, now another island is in the same boat. The screwball in charge here thinks he is clever, getting his weak looking Health Minister to talk a load of rubbish, he is not contesting the next election so fat boy can implicate him with impunity.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

one of my sons his wife and our granddaughter aged 8 all positive my son and his wife is working from home its my granddaughter that has infected them from school?jp

5. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    Sorry to hear that news, hope they recover quickly with no after affects.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

7. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

NZ is shut off to the world as well.

But lock downs do nothing, fine while they keep the Virus away but at some time they have to be opened.
    Then it will come in.
    WA has had a few cases and will eventually get more.

Here in Victoria we had the toughest lock down of them all, 285 days with close to 13 weeks with 2100 curfew.
    But even with all that we still have it, hospital cases are coming down as they are in NSW, but still some dying, though I dispute the figures as currently any one who dies in hospital no matter their situation is classified as to have died with the virus.

Life must go on, we cannot spend the rest of our days in some cocoon, life is still for living.

I have now reached the point where after the manner in which we have been treated here in Victoria I now do what I want and they can all go whistle Dixie for all I care.,
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i get tested every day not been out again for a couple of weeks lost loads of mates around here its rife ?jp

11. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On my 70th birthday I left Memphis and moved to an active retirement community in Tucson, AZ arriving about a month before the start of Covid. For the first year most the restaurants were closed, masks were mandatory when in doors, golf carts on the course were single occupant and life generally was restrictive. There were some strange anomalies however, for example a minimum wage worker at Walmart was considered and essential worker and still went to work, mingled with the general public and only had a mask for defense. Whereas as workers such as teachers who would only mingle with known personnel such as colleagues and their pupils stayed at home.
    When the vaccines were approved I tried to get one as soon as I could but had to wait until it came to my age group, which was March of last year. I must say that the process of getting both the first and second the jabs was extremely efficient. Gradually thing started to open up a little, restaurants re-opened but with extra spacing, limited numbers at the
    gym and swimming pool etc but still wearing masks. Teachers however did not go back and nothing changed for the Walmart employee. I made a couple of trips to Houston and Memphis and found these places still to be closed down other than the Walmart employees, construction workers and hotel front desk and cleaners. In the Autumn i flew to Costa Rica for some fishing and the Dominican Republic for the beach. There was some qualifications about having the jabs and testing but generally everything was normal except for masks on airplanes. The booster then arrived and I got one as soon as I could which was October everything now was more or less was open, but with some restrictions except once again for teachers.
    Omicron came along and almost everybody appeared to catch it, friends and myself included. Some people I knew who had it were in their mid to late 70s, but fit, and were back on the golf course after a couple of weeks. My grandchildren were bad for maybe a day, responded well to a treatment of Children Motrin and were running around driving their mothers mad.
    Over time several scientists had come up with conclusions from research that appeared to be counter to government policies. The fundamental conclusions being that children and persons up to their mid 30s, if healthy had little or no reaction to Covid other than that of a common cold. In fact many people in this group had Covid without knowing it and because of lack of testing passed on the virus to others and also skewed data. Healthy, older people had more severe reactions that sometimes required a Drs visit (usually by Zoom) and in extreme cases a hospital stay. These people usually recovered after a week or so. The data for these people was usually accurately reported with follow ups including testing before they were allowed back into general circulation. People with health issues, particularly people above 60 years of age with health issues, were the most vulnerable with the highest number of deaths and hospital stays. Data for this group was sometimes skewed as to the severity of their reaction to Covid and even the cause of death. The conclusions of these scientists was that this group should be where the focus should be in terms of isolation and restriction. Other groups should be allowed more or less to return to normal lives, taking the vaccines, catching the virus and gaining herd immunity with the disease becoming endemic just like the flu. I was listening this morning to the news and it appears that there is still disputes as to the efficacy of mask wearing. Apparently masks works in New York and California but not in Texas or Arizona.
    Issues such as masks, restaurant, gym, swimming pool restrictions etc were found to be of little or no value as in the case of the Walmart employee and the consequences closing schools was found to be more detrimental to certain, mainly disadvantaged children than Covid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Martyn.
    Good clear report there. Cooma has been clear for two years except for one returning traveller who was isolated and recovered, but now with this Omicron we have over 40 people with it, that was after the NSW Govt opened everything up, which allowed holyday makers from anywhere in, the town is the gateway to the National park and the ski resorts and we get around one million people coming through each year, so it was inevitable that it would arrive here.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

14. Thanks cappy, Martyn Hammond, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

News from USA today from a top medico.

He claims that world will stiull be fighting this next century.

He put the claim this way.

In 1918 the world was hit with the Spanish flu, which began in USA and we have had the Flu ever since.
    We will, as with the Flu, need an annual shot for it.

It will behave just as the Flu does, so your great, great grand children have some thing to look forward to.
    Encouraging thought maybe?????
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

16. Thanks j.sabourn, Martyn Hammond thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There will never be many redundancies in the medical profession. A job for life in every way you look. Who needs a degree in politics or Art or some other never heard of subject . Even the old pox doctor is going strong after century’s . JS.
    R575129

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast