Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Masks (Covid)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Masks (Covid)

Two weeks ago my friend and her husband were called away out of State. She asked if I would visit her son who is in a home, he has lost the use of his legs and part of his brain due to a stroke. Naturally I said yes as I have known her for sixty years and taught him to play baseball and football (US football) when he was six or seven along with my sons. I have visited him fairly regularly with Lana, so I know the procedure.

On arriving at the home by myself, I buzzed for entry, was let in and as usual had to sign in. I was wearing a KN95 mask. The nurse who let me in looked at me and said, "That mask is not acceptable." She handed me one of those light blue masks that come in a package of fifty. I didn't question it. a. she was a nurse so she knows more about health and protection than I do, b. I didn't want to get kicked out.

Last night on the t.v. news there was a piece about the best masks to get and how long the protection was good in a room where someone in the room had Covid. The worst was the light blue thing 2hours, the best was KN95 24hours.

Cheers, Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There has been some issues with those masks in uk Rodney, who knows, we just have to do our best. Perhaps the nurse had read something like this article,

https://www.hse.gov.uk/safetybulleti...nated-kn95.htm

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 11th January 2022 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Removed Duplicate
    R689823

3. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Things not looking good here at all, seems cases are just rising and the Death toll the Highest seen here since the start of the Pandemic!
    Take Care all no matter where you live ! This is surely not to treated lightly at all!

Australia suffers its deadliest Covid day in more than a year (msn.com)

NSW Covid numbers set to explode after more than 50,000 positive rapid tests registered (msn.com)
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 12th January 2022 at 06:53 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One 'expert' here in Oz and we have thousands now, said the best is the blue one used in hospitals.
    What he failed to say was that most staff changed them about every four hours.

Yes numbers are high but the number in ICU is now far less than last year as is the number in hospital or in need of a ventilator.
    Much of the problem is almost mass hysteria brought about by the media.

So far the death total for the nation is about 2,200 over the past two years.

In 2019 before the Virus hit the national death toll from Flu that year was 7,900.

Yes thanks Vernon, my brother is getting better and now sounds quite good.
    He sent me shipping today for dog food and skim milk.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 12th January 2022 at 05:43 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well you may have a new strain shortly called Joke-a-Vitch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good to be back with the living lads, The Omnicom version i had was bad enough i think if any of us where to get the Covid 19 not many of us if any would make the boat deck let alone the boats, I would like to thank all the well wishes i received both on here and by P.M. and email Thank you all. This mild version as they call it i will let you no from experience.......................... Constant cough, Headache that wont leave you, Upset stomach, Dizzy at all times, One minute you are burning like hell the next you are freezing, You could liken it like a heavy cold but not one that you have ever experienced, No appetite as my G.P. Told me you can last for days without food but hot lemon drinks paracetamol and because you are basically dehydrating always have a bottle of still water in your hand day and night and any delerium hospital straight away as it was learned early on that it brought on pneumonia that is what is killing the elderly and infirm John Pruden you stay exactly where you are mate and avoid contact with anyone , It took me 10 days to get from testing positive to where i am today two negative tests one yesterday and one this morning, Thank the lord i got threw it. The thing was with me lads i never dropped my guard the only time i was with a few people outside my bubble was New Years eve, Me and the wife were having a few drinks in my sisters her place which is next door to me awaiting the stroke of Midnight and the usual sound of the ships whistles. As we were outdoors for 10 minutes if that a group of young party goers came from know where and gave us all a hug and loves and kisses, That was that i should add that these people who wont get vaccinated should be thrown in jail until they come to there senses, They are the ones that have the N H S Under the cosh right now plus anyone over the age of 70 who gets this bloody thing and has other issues health wise. Thanks once again to all the well wishers Terry. p.s. Your throat is like Gung dins loincloth
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 12th January 2022 at 03:47 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, Marian, for your post on the mask. It certainly puts me on the horns of a Delema, they repeated the news report last night on ABC TV favoring the KN95. I think I will look for a different mask though just to be careful. Johnno in Oz is also correct. most people with the blue mask dispose of them fairly fast. perhaps I will try putting a blue one over my KN95 until I sort it all out.

Thanks to both of you and cheers, Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Well you may have a new strain shortly called Joke-a-Vitch
    did you see celebrity Family Fortunes? featuring Jokovich -
    "We asked 100 people what do you get from Australia?
    You replied - "Deported"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool Re: Masks (Covid)

I went back to the clinic today with my friend to visit her son, and both of us had to exchange our masks for the disposable blue one. We asked why this time. Because people are running their masks multiple times through the washing machine and dryer which compromises the effectiveness. They have no reports of counterfeit multi use masks. Cheers Rodney

12. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Latest figures here in NSW, and still climbing! Where will all this end i wonder!
    Shop shelves Empty, Trucks running out of Fuel, Drivers off in Mass because of the Covid , this is now becoming something of a real worry . Keep Safe ALL. Take Special Care! no matter where!

New South Wales records 78,000 positive rapid test results (msn.com)
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast