Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad news tonight

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bad news tonight

I see it is reporting that Lord Frost has resigned, in my opinion we don't need that. he was pretty tough negotiator , so the EU will highly pleased. he is reported to be unhappy with Covid rules and tax increases, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bad news tonight

Not good news Keith, he was a Hadd negotiator.
    Foggies now threatening to sue the UK over fishing rights.
    Vic

3. Thanks Captain Kong, cappy thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, cappy, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is more likely because Bozo keeps undermining every move he tries to make. Den

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of the reasons given for his resignation, was the rush to the Green Agenda, a man after my own heart.

See Jeremy Hunt is now circling the campfire awaiting Boris's demise, not for me he is like a damp rag.

Boris in appointing Frost's successor should think outside the box, appoint Nigel Farage, he would be like a bulldog in dealing with the EU.
    vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 19th December 2021 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the best we could hope for if Boris is given the chop would be Gove, but right now we need a strong replacement for Frostie, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You think you got problems.

We have feral erection due here next year and it could end up with a hung parliament if the pools are correct.
    That being the case the Labor party would need GREEN support to form gov.

The GREENS have new policy.

Ban all horse racing as it is cruel, turn the race courses into open public spaces, bit like the spaces in their heads maybe, and the cost of some 10.1 million to be raised with a tax on betting.

You think you gat some odd ones??????
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes vic mcclymont, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well the good news is that Liz Truss has been appointed to replace Lord Frost, a good choice, she doesn't suffer fools gladly and a very competent negotiator

10. Likes Keith Tindell, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Well the good news is that Liz Truss has been appointed to replace Lord Frost, a good choice, she doesn't suffer fools gladly and a very competent negotiator

Oh heck Ivan-I posted my thoughts about Ms.Trust in the other Politics and News Thread.We will have to agree to disagree-that's politics for you!

Here's what I wrote:-

-♫ Frostie the Go-Man♫ the Foreign Secretary; and Brexit.

I'm a bit dismayed to hear this morning ,that since the 'selfish' resignation of Lord Frost-and I say selfish,because he was piqued by BJ's intention to implement Plan B (re Covid passports),which he opposed, then for we Brexiteers that is a bit of a slap in the face. Frostie's position of Brexit minister,on which he did a good job,now comes under the remit of the Foreign Secretary with the title of UK chairman of the EU–UK Partnership Council.

I am dismayed by his opposition to Covid Passports.Why? Surely anything that can help to control this pandemic is well worth the effort,or was he nodding patronisingly towards the Woke blokes worried about their civil liberties?

So....Who is this recently appointed Foreign Sec?....None other than.Liz Truss. In my book,I have never trusted Ms.Truss-there's a pun about mistrust somewhere in there,I think.

She was born into a strongly pro-Labour household, then turned Liberal Democrat when in parliament,then turned again to Conservative... Now Foreign Sec,she is tipped as a future candidate for the leadership. My suspicious thoughts here of 'undermine' the Tory government by infiltrating from the top' ?.....
    But for we Brexiteers ,the dismaying thing about her new post is the fact that she is a self-declared Remainer (just like a certain Theresa May was,though in her case it was more than it was worth to declare it,although her subsequent ineffectual bungling and farting about (in those ghastly leopard skin shoes dahlings-and running through cornfields,remember? !) in the Brexit process, made it abundantly clear to us where her true feelings lay,and still do, Theresa May has at last 'grown a pair' ,though too late now,and can now snipe in mask and fancy shoes at her successor from the comparative safety of the back benches.

So anyway ,we have mistrust once again.So selfish of Frostie the Go-Man to resign,particularly now I suppose,when we are in the midst of the UK-NI-EU negotiations.

Oh,at times one does despair of British politicians.

[All opinions expressed in this post are my own and should not be misconstrued , quoted,misquoted or otherwise taken out of context or held against me.]

Graham
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 20th December 2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Copying text from another thread

12. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Time will tell Graham, I belive she will do a good as EU minister.
    Let's we all sometime have been converted on the road to Damascus or was it Cape Town?
    Vic

14. Thanks Graham Shaw thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Bad news tonight

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Time will tell Graham, I belive she will do a good as EU minister.
    Let's we all sometime have been converted on the road to Damascus or was it Cape Town?
    Vic
    You may be right Vic ,and I may be too cynical,but still, the word 'lightweight' re her comes to mind ....
    Cheers!
    Graham

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast