Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Food for Thought

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Food for Thought

75 years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki what happened to the Radiation that lasts for a thousand years ? Pictures follow this persons statement of these two cities followed by pictures of Detroit then and now. Stating that Japan does not have a Welfare system.
    Statement by the author who is not a member of any of the different factions on this site as regards politics.
    These are possibly the 5 best sentences you"ll ever read.
    1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
    2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
    3. The Government cannot give to anyone anything that the government does not first take from someone else.
    4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
    5. When half the people get the idea that they don"t have to work, because the other half is going to take care of them , and when the other half get the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for , that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
    Somebody elses views outside this group.

JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food for Thought

I believe it was W. Churchill who made that statement in the 1950's.

But so very true.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Likes Doc Vernon, N/A, cappy, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So said a man of Prosperity.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

5. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Who was that American President who said what we want is Institution, Constitution , and Prospeeeeerity , nearly said Prostitution .JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#3 Wasn’t Winston as far as I know John , he had an extra part time job as a bricklayer. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 13th December 2021 at 06:27 AM.
    R575129

8. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, N/A, cappy, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

lots of Africa have fell and failed its people if all the world was a shopping center Africa should be at the top it has a wealth of minerals a climate that could produce three crops a year yet people are starving no running fresh water the simple things in life so all you can put it down to is greed by the few? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, there is another aspect of that.
    Most of those countries when under colonial rule did very well, then they became independent.
    The rulers became thieves and dictators and as a result the countries became in many instances waste lands.

Yes there is wealth there, and yes it could well produce the crops.

But if the people then become physically strong there is the chance they will rise up against the dictators and they do not want that.

It is control by subversion in most cases.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john i watched program on tv and most properties in chann spelling were the film industry goes every year the south of France are owned by African generals now it must be good pay in the army out there or someone is on the take?? a lot of Uganda was white farmers people had plenty of food and work then the land was taken of them and given away to the locals who never had the ability to farm so people are now starving there. the people out there are living hand to mouth lets just say corruption is rife out there we all now were the aid goes but yet no one has the balls to say anything lets sort out our country first put people back to work living in good houses not 20 to a house in a london 2 bedroom house parts of our country is on its knees lets sort us out first? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1 was sent to me from a person also involved in Charity Marian , so don’t know if he copied or not . The first part I thought might have raised a few question marks about the short period of radioactivity in the first place. Was it an exaggeration or just pure ignorance. Stay well . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 14th December 2021 at 01:22 PM.
    R575129

13. Thanks cappy, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    john i watched program on tv and most properties in chann spelling were the film industry goes every year the south of France are owned by African generals now it must be good pay in the army out there or someone is on the take?? a lot of Uganda was white farmers people had plenty of food and work then the land was taken of them and given away to the locals who never had the ability to farm so people are now starving there. the people out there are living hand to mouth lets just say corruption is rife out there we all now were the aid goes but yet no one has the balls to say anything lets sort out our country first put people back to work living in good houses not 20 to a house in a london 2 bedroom house parts of our country is on its knees lets sort us out first? jp
    I believe it was mooted this year that we reduce aid in general worldwide .......the screams from the houses of parliament .....could be heard worldwide.....unless some honesty prevails in these countries .....the immigrant situation will grow and grow into europe....until we cannot feed our own ....why will they..... leave france risking death to get here......that miss applied word ....benefits benefits benefit .......in my life benefit is somethng i iether paid into for me and mine or saved for the benefit of a holiday ..or to give my family a benefit or for a serviceman or police officer injured in the line of duty.....not to dig a well for a guy a thousand miles away ..who wont dig it his idle bloody self....i could go on and on but sadly to no avail it appears..... it amazes me that a man will live in absolute poverty but have 6or7 or 8 children who will each at a very early age have the same amount of children again while waving a bleedin beggin bowl....R683532

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast