Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quotas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Quotas

The world of WOKE is at it again.

There is a push here in Oz for quotas to be introduced in may areas, parliament is one.

But how far can it go before it becomes almost unworkable and induces reverse discrimination?

The State government in its wisdom, who said that, has mandated that all construction sites for government buildings must have a female quota of workers.

There are some females who do work as Sparkies, chippies, brickies and even dunny divers but in very low numbers.
    What happens if there are not enough for the job, doe sit get put on hold until enough are trained?

But on the other side of this we heard today that only females are allowed to work in child care!!

But if we are to be fully WOKED then maybe there should be quotas for all the different nationalities we have here in Oz.

Bad enough we now have special toilets for the LBQIT lot without any more crap from them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Quotas

Do you mean? LGBTTQQIAAP (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, ally, pansexual) although such initialisms are sometimes criticized for being confusing and leaving some people out, as well as issues of placement of the letters within the new title.

K.

3. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    We have men working in childcare, my son works with the mentally impaired, at one time it was women only, my daughter works in Aged care, I wouldn't take to much notice of all the hullabaloo, it's only to stir you up.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des 3, exactly the same as my son, he loves the work as well, he is a qualified nurse for people with learning dis abilities, not a job that i would like to do, so its good that we have people who love this work. kt
    R689823

6. Likes Bill Cameron, N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A little off topic but still on the subject of health.
    When talking of NHS we often hear the phrase "From cradle to grave". This is not true, there comes a time for many older people when they are used for profit. Entering a care home is very expensive when you have to pay for care and accommodation in the private sector. You may have sell your house to pay for it. For care home providers this is a business, as with all businesses they are run to make a profit.
    I am sure the majority of people would accept a rise in national insurance contributions to incorporate the care sector into the NHS. This would allow for those who need long term care to have trained, professional help and care free of charge, taking away the worry and stress for themselves and their families.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Watched the program on TV Louis on care homes, and the scandal of the large company with many care homes, and poor service, i,m afraid we live in a world where every b***** is out to scam us of our money. As oldies we must always keep our wits together, cannot afford to get senile, they would clean you out in minutes,
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well consider my own circumstances . I now live in a retirement village . To buy into this system you buy your property for an average of say $275,000. . Most people have a property of worth over that to sell so should finish up with money in the bank. The property is strata titled and is non profit making and was originally for retired members of the RAAF. The property you don’t pay rates or insurance your actual monthly bills for maintainance repairs gardens etc are 30 % of the single persons old age pension which is I think about $1200 a fortnight , I will have to find out what this is as I only get a partial one. 30% of 1200 is $360 dollars per calendar month ,you pay maintainance gardens transport on the village bus if required , plus all the amenities of the village which goes on daily for those who want it. If you have a boat or caravan there is free parking ,and a host of other things which if you really want to know just google it. You pay your own gas and electricity ,on average I have paid about $600 a month .A person just on a state pension of $2400 per month would have an estimated $1800 a month to feed himself and debauch to his hearts content , If you decide you don’t like living where you do , there is a fixed re sell price Bach to the village , so in my case if I said not for me I’m off and had paid 275000 I would in all likelyget back about $ 270000 this comes down every year bit by bit when it reaches its nadir of $195,000 and there it stays after about 20 years. I will be long gone well before then ,so whatever is still owing to me will go into my estate, this will be the best time for Cappy to make his move and claim his 3/9d. There is also a full time care hospital on the site ,but this may be more for ex service people.in this modern day I see no reason for any squalor of people living on the street ,At least not in Australis
    If the uk does not yet have conditions as I see here in Australia,then it’s about time they got their finger out. The village is actually owned by the residents and at the general meetings any profits are discussed the best way to plough back in for the residents benefit. So a person supposed
    Y on the bones off his backside is paying approx 600 dollars a month and having 1800 dollars a month fo debauchery ,Hardship I don’t believe it , if they are hard up it is self inflicted . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 7th December 2021 at 02:38 PM.
    R575129

10. Thanks cappy, N/A, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Let me clarify a bit more , I have always moaned about my tax liability as long as I have lived out here. 0n the other side of the coin I now see its advantages . The figures I have stated apply to a single persons OAP. The out going expenses are exactly the same for a married couple .However your income is doubled as whatever pension you are entitled to , your wife gets exactly the same. So instead of having a possible $1800 a month for food and incidentals you would have $3600 a month clear for the occasional or should say weekly visit to the happy hour for $ 2 dollar glasses of wine, the only complaint I have is, it should be a happy at least 2 hours . May bring this up at the next meeting in a subtle way , don’t want to get the reputation of a Plonkey. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 7th December 2021 at 11:17 PM.
    R575129

12. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    When the stink arose over the treatment of in the aged pensioner places in Victoria, it was discovered that the Feds had sold some of them to private owners, one an Italian knowing that there was going to be an inquiry, sold out and left Australia for Italy with over $40 million, which he had ripped off the elderly.
    The full Australian pension is $729. 30 a fortnight for a single or if my figures are correct $1,458. 60 a couple. If you own your own house you can live reasonably comfortable in a Country town where the rates etc are not to dear, but in places in Sydney and suburbs where the rates eat into your pension, and where prices are much, much dearer it's a struggle. I don't know why pensioners don't move to the Country arears.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

14. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thought the pension was bigger than that Des l but in that case 30% of $729. Say 200 plus gas and electric say another $100 , then you would only be paying just over $300 a month. For both of you .No rates , no insurance, no water rates. Subsidised and delivered meals if required , I’m going out tonight once again to the bingo , chase the ace is $780 with about 28 cards left in the pack Raffle prizes of substantial amounts , but I go for the beer.
    We moved here cos I didn’t like to see the wife sweating doing all that gardening , as she is also getting tired as she ages also. No other reason just lazy. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 8th December 2021 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Qu
    R575129

16. Thanks N/A, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast