Thread: ''Sloping Beauty''

Marian Gray Guest

Default ''Sloping Beauty''

''Acapella performance of a humorous song titled 'Sloping beauty' preceded by a brief explanation of the inspiration for the piece being a mispronunciation of the phrase 'the sleeping beauty'. The song is performed by Crawford Howard, the songwriter, in an affected Belfast accent and includes references to streets in Belfast, Northern Ireland.''

https://sounds.bl.uk/sounds/sloping-...9676720x00000b

Included in this thread a while back are a few others ''The Diagonal Steam Trap''
    for one.
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 1st June 2023 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: ''Sloping Beauty''

Is this a welcome back Marian? If so WELCOME back to home port

Cheers' Rodney
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: ''Sloping Beauty''

Another to keep you smiling Rodders.

Canadian Jiggs McDonald, NHL Hall of Fame broadcaster, speaking in Ontario, says: "I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against another mosque being built in Toronto."

"I think it should be the goal of every Canadian to be tolerant, regardless of their religious beliefs. Thus, the mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance."

"That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque; thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque. We could call one of the clubs, which would be gay, The Turban Cowboy, and the other, a topless bar, would be called You Mecca Me Hot."

"Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent to that an open-pit barbecue pork restaurant, called Iraq of Ribs."

Across the street there could be a lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret", with sexy mannequins in the window modeling the goods, and on the other side, a liquor store called Morehammered."

All of this would encourage ******s to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us.

Yes, we should promote tolerance, and you can do your part by passing this on.

And if you are not laughing or at least,smiling at this point, it is either past your bedtime, or it's midnight at the oasis and time to put your camel to bed.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, John Arton liked this post