Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Confrontation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Confrontation

Thank you for showing the picture of of the ss BRIKA. I do not have a photograph of the S/S LYNROWAN so this gives us a view of what she looked like.

2. Thanks Graham Shaw thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Confrontation

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Adrian Millar View Post
    Thank you for showing the picture of of the ss BRIKA. I do not have a photograph of the S/S LYNROWAN so this gives us a view of what she looked like.
    Thank You Ian.Many ships constructed in those years were not photographed,unlike today,where enthusiasts ensure they are recorded for the benefit of us all concerned with maritime history.In the early part of the 20th century,usually only the shipbuilders would commission the launch and completion photos of a vessel, or a shipowner ,especially of a large company ,might do the same. During wartime security would be paramount of course and photos would possibly be destroyed to prevent recognition by the enemy.Then,of course many vessels like the Lynrowan and Brika had such short lives in wartime conflicts that no pictures would be taken again... It is increasingly difficult now to source such photos,for example your Lynrowan does not exist on the TeesBuilt Ships site.What I do then is search the Yard Numbers at the shipbuilder list ,close to the one we want and compare tonnages,dimensions,dates,type and other characteristics to try and get a close match.That is what I did with Lynrowan and Brika
    Best Regards
    Graham
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 31st July 2021 at 08:51 AM.

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2