Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Australia Day January 26th.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Australia Day January 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Keith the $ sign may give a clue, I don't know what date OZ changed from £sd to the $, (as I have used both in Oz)so it cannot be earlier than that. Logic says possibly 2014 or 2018, pure geussology of course

Probably WW1 100 Commemoration, which puts your guess about right.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 31st January 2021 at 10:47 AM.

2. Thanks Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    #5, My cousin in OZ sent this to me this evening, not sure if this is the letter you are referring to John?

It's time for all indigenous people to get over what happened 229 years ago and stop playing the victims...''
    hi marian
    i was watching a belated australian sky news last night and the host rowan dean was speaking to a indiginous aboriginal women whom was speaking about the very same subject and in the very same terms, and finished with a message to all activists whom are mostly of white middle class heritage to stop vertue signaling as she and her fellow aboriginal people are more that happy with what the BRITISH people have done for them.
    my mind turned to the deal that is now vertually complete which is the pan-pacific-free trade agreement of which is the kind of deal that will suit us all, some of the best wine in the world for a start.
    tom
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 1st February 2021 at 05:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

According to the Oxford dictionary 'indigenous' any one born in or native a country.
    That makes ALL Australian citizens indigenous.

Margret Court was upgraded in her honor because of the equal opportunity act.
    Rod Laver had the top honor so M. Court had to be upgraded to same level.

When the first fleet arrived they found stone age man, we have in 230 years attempted to do what it has taken the rest of the world over 2,000 to do.

Sadly history is no longer taught in school, so how can the current lot and those before over the last 20 or so years have any concept of how the world developed. Most young persons get their history from the media, that bunch of scum bags who could not tell the difference between the truth and a myth if their lives depended on it.

But unless you live here you have no right what so ever to pass comment, make judgements, or cast dispersions about the country and the people.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 1st February 2021 at 05:03 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am ingeniuos, indegonous, incorrigible, incomplete, inconceivable, Oh what the hell i am a Yarpie!!! LOL
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The part time Aboriginals are the ones who make the most noise, when i lived in the blue mountains i knew a few of the Daruck people, they were a tribe that were healers; they had bush medicine that cured many things. There are hundreds of tribes in Australia and hundreds of languages. When I was in a writing group I was trying to write a story that included aboriginals, I was told in no uncertain a manner that i couldn't do that, and after it was explained why, I saw the reason, I was not aboriginal and how could I express myself about someone with the longest history in the world. Most of the people demonstrating mix everything up, to the detriment of the aboriginal people, like black lives matter, which needs to be addressed for the aboriginals not some overseas blacks.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is sufficient evidence to show that man orgininated in Africa.
    If that is so then we all descended from the one people no matter where we live.
    If that is the case then the Aboriginals of Oz also came from there and while historians will say they are the longest living nationality they are wrong as the ones in Africa, many are still there must as being the first be the oldest.

But I was once told by a genuine Abbo that they do not own the land it belongs to al on the planet, they are not the owners only custodians for the next generation as are all of us.
    He also told me the1% Abbos were giving the real ones a bad name.
    He was a lawyer and as black as they come, worked hard and got somewhere, there are many of his people who do not do so well, not because they cannot but rather because there is an easier way living off Gov hand outs.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Ivan Cloherty, thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    There is sufficient evidence to show that man orgininated in Africa.
    If that is so then we all descended from the one people no matter where we live.
    If that is the case then the Aboriginals of Oz also came from there and while historians will say they are the longest living nationality they are wrong as the ones in Africa, many are still there must as being the first be the oldest.

But I was once told by a genuine Abbo that they do not own the land it belongs to al on the planet, they are not the owners only custodians for the next generation as are all of us.
    He also told me the1% Abbos were giving the real ones a bad name.
    He was a lawyer and as black as they come, worked hard and got somewhere, there are many of his people who do not do so well, not because they cannot but rather because there is an easier way living off Gov hand outs.
    hi john
    i believe that the neanderthals from europe and asia where a different species than homo sapien from africa and that the aboriginal where to date a unknown identity.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thomas michael View Post
    hi john
    i believe that the neanderthals from europe and asia where a different species than homo sapien from africa and that the aboriginal where to date a unknown identity.
    tom
    Not my area of in depth knowledge, but were not homo sapiens and aboriginals (also from North America as well as OZ) descendants of neanderthal man, as I was reading recently that the native American Indian was also aboriginal stock, and aboriginal is a period of development rather than a designated race

12. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Not my area of in depth knowledge, but were not homo sapiens and aboriginals (also from North America as well as OZ) descendants of neanderthal man, as I was reading recently that the native American Indian was also aboriginal stock, and aboriginal is a period of development rather than a designated race
    hi ivan cloherty
    its not in my sphere of knowledge either, but just yesterday i was watching a program called debunking history and it stated that the homo sapien from africa tried to walk across into europe, and that the neanderthal species fought them off and whilst some homo sapiens did make it to europe and settled in and around the modern day syria and israeli border and that the indiginous aboriginal in australia was a separate species, As for your comments regarding the thesis that the north american indian was also of the same stock as the australian aboriginal that is what i have read, and did once believe. But i myself would think that it was more likely that the american indian had more than likely chance of being from european neanderthal homo sapein stock and the australian aboriginal being totally unknown species possibly likened to the development of the galapagos islands my theory entirely.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Australia was many many moons ago was part of one land mass that now covers most of the southern hemisphere.
    There would at some stage have been early man, where he originated from is still a subject of discussion amongst many in that field.
    It is thought the Australian aborigine came from that land mass before it began to split up.
    In many south sea islands there is a strong facial resemblance to some from the Abbos in Oz.

In NZ the Maori only arrived there from the north about 900 years ago.
    They may well have come from a region that was also part of that southern hemisphere block.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast