Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The pig

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The pig

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    .If you have done well and you are living a comfortable life why beat yourself up over what benefits somebody is on that is the point that I am making.
    Regards.
    Jim B.
    I don't know about the rest of the paragraph you stated, but I honestly don't beat myself up, neither do I think does Brian, but like any fair minded person I think we don't object to worthy recipients of benefits, but Jim you must also realise that there are lots of non-worthy recipients and I really do admire your forbearance of this latter group who are in their own way fleecing not only the working man but also the genuine deprived peoples who are having to have their benefits cut to keep the blodgers in a style to which they are not really entitled or deserve. Furthermore I do really object to having to pay tax on my meagre State Pension, to which I contributed for decades, even contributing over the odds to try and enhance it, to keep people who have never contributed a penny and have absolutely no intention of doing so. I do hope that these worthy creatures realise and appreciate they have a champion for their cause and again I admire your forbearance, alas I cannot find the charity in my heart to join in such forbearance, as although I try to maintain christian beliefs I may find myself pizzed off with someone living on benefits of £1000 per week who has contributed zilch, Amen

2. Likes N/A, cappy, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan I could not agree more that there are people milking the system for all it's worth and getting away with it and enjoying the good life.I think that I would have to be called stupid if I condoned what these people are doing and of course it is completely out of order it's the attitude of one size fits all that I am against.There are many good families out there who have fell on bad times after having worked all their lives and no doubt feel totally ashamed having to rely on a food bank.To write off all unemployed people as blodgers or anyone if you don't know their circumstances is wrong and when I hear the unemployed being slagged off all the time it wears a bit thin.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

4. Thanks Ivan Cloherty, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well you cant beat a good lively debate.
    It beats watching crap on TV. and more entertaining.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian certainly no hard feelings on my behalf,you and cappy are two guys I could enjoy a good pint with but sometimes I think you both do yourselves a disservice.
    I'm glad Liverpool just beat Bolton 2-1 at Bolton it nearly finished 1-1 which would've meant me having to stay up longer for the extra time.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

7. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Kenneth Kenny, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have never watched Bolton play since 1946 in a cup tie with Stoke City, Stan Mathews was playing.
    35 killed and 500 injured , so I never went again, man who saved my life was killed two miniutes later. or I would not be on here annoying people with my daft comments.

My Dad `s proudest boast was , he played for Bolton Wanderers in the 1923 Cup Final at the first Cup match at Wembley. Have the photo to prove it.
    . I won many a pint off fellas who thought they knew every member of that team.

He played in Bolton Borough Brass Band and they always took them along to every match to play for them.
    The photo shows him with his E-Flat Bass just behind the White Horse that was controlling the crowds on the pitch
    Cheers
    Brian

9. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Jim Brady liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gray_marian View Post
    I hear what you are saying Louis and yes Landlords can charge what they like, but if too high in a particular area then it remains empty. They are in business so have to drop accordingly, apart from London of course!
    However from all the couples that I know mainly aunts & uncles they are still there. Not looking for a fast turnaround, why pay rent when the mortgage repayments were a similar cost? Only one has rented out now for twenty years. The rent charged covers her repayments, she looks on it has her pension, I don't blame her for that
    Quote Originally Posted by gray_marian View Post

#11 That's the answer Jim for anyone 'saving the big deposit'.It's frightening when you realise that folk cannot cut their cloth accordingly and scrimp and save every penny. Some look at you in amazement when you suggest how it can be done these are the ones that will always be in debt. A sweeping statement yes but until it dawns on the "must have" types, then tough.
    4 pork sprung technique ?

Knock Knock.
    Who's there?
    Zee Gestapo and ve ask zee questions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    Brian certainly no hard feelings on my behalf,you and cappy are two guys I could enjoy a good pint with but sometimes I think you both do yourselves a disservice.
    I'm glad Liverpool just beat Bolton 2-1 at Bolton it nearly finished 1-1 which would've meant me having to stay up longer for the extra time.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    #####jim thereare no hard feelings from me now shut up im counting my brass earned on the back of my long suffering employees who i whipped and tortured and robbed and chained to there machines.....love cappy

12. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't like people looking down and classing all council tenants as being the same. There are lots of council tenants who have worked hard all their lives but were unable to find the deposit in which to buy the house they lived. At the start only the husbands wage was considered for aquiring a deposit. These tenants also made sure they never defaulted in paying their rent, poll tax and at present their council tax. On retirement, some had aquired a private pension and when this was added to their OAP, many were only peanuts above the sum required to qualify for housing and council tax benefit. Thousands of these people had the dignity of knowing no bailifs or other authorities would ever visit them for defaulting. On the other side of the fence, you had other families living in council homes who were lazy and never worked in honest jobs, but when it suited them they could always find the time to work for cash in hand. These people having never paid a penny into the state system still milk it to this day. So whether you own a business, or are a law abiding council tenant, it's only natural for one to despise these low life vultures. Politicians created this mess, let them sort it out. Oh look!, I have just seen a low life neighbour driving past my house in his top of the range LEXUS. Ha/ha.

FOURO.

14. Likes cappy, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I lived in a council house for 25 years, Mother lived in it from 1939 to 1990, 51 years.
    My mate Clogger has lived in Council houses for 80 years now, his latest is a two bed bungalow brand new.
    Cheers
    Brian

16. Likes N/A liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6