Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The pig

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The pig

It's saving the big deposit now Louis,couples could afford the monthly mortgage repayment but haven't got the deposit.If they go right into rented they will have difficulty saving the deposit with the high rent that they have to pay.Listening to a student the other day on the radio,he is sharing a house with another number of students and the rent between the is £40.grand P.A.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

gray_marian Guest

I hear what you are saying Louis and yes Landlords can charge what they like, but if too high in a particular area then it remains empty. They are in business so have to drop accordingly, apart from London of course!
    However from all the couples that I know mainly aunts & uncles they are still there. Not looking for a fast turnaround, why pay rent when the mortgage repayments were a similar cost? Only one has rented out now for twenty years. The rent charged covers her repayments, she looks on it has her pension, I don't blame her for that

#11 That's the answer Jim for anyone 'saving the big deposit'.It's frightening when you realise that folk cannot cut their cloth accordingly and scrimp and save every penny. Some look at you in amazement when you suggest how it can be done these are the ones that will always be in debt. A sweeping statement yes but until it dawns on the "must have" types, then tough.
    Last edited by gray_marian; 3rd February 2015 at 02:08 PM.

3. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i have said before .....in this day and age if a young couple are in employment and wish to buy a property for themselves and for the future offspring to inherit ....thereby getting an asset which will only grow ......it is far from impossible to do ..........she on min wage .....10000 per year.....he on same or even more....she saves half for 4 or 5 year him the same.......40 or 50 grand a good deposit....but of course so many wont do that ....i know what i want and i want it now......surely for a young couple looking to spend there life together that is not a impossible thing.......i dont know of any parents or grandparents who are not willing to help there loved ones.....if they can afford it and dont help well shame on them ok that willl not buy them a property in london ......but in most of the uk it will buy them a property which will start them off and give them a start in life and the great feeling of security.......this often causes dismay among there friends who live to the hilt on there wage and credit.......then complain against what they now decide is a capitalist cos they own an asset......there will always be winners and losers ......but why pay thousands in rent all your life .....no hundreds of thousands and own nothing ........the statement that maggie did wrong in letting people buy there council houses is ridiculous.......and the proportion of people selling to people who will rip off the people in the housing market is stupid water finds its own level like everything in life......but a property is was and always will bea safe place for a persons assets in life ......and a gift to your children when you are gone ......one thing i cant understand is why should i pay a death duty on a property ......when a council tenant doesnt haveto pay for having his property all his life ....and even then cannot rent it on to his own family but must give it to some newcomer who has contributed nothing.........and of course where is the rents going to ......not into buying new rentable housing thats for sure......in life if you want there is always somebody else to blame for your situation.....but then such is life.regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marion, you surprise me. In all my years I have never met a Scottish Tory, I thought they fell into extinction many generations ago. I am a huge fan of the Scots.

Maggie went into hospital for an ars.hole transplant, unfortunately the ars.hole rejected her.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    Marion, you surprise me. In all my years I have never met a Scottish Tory, I thought they fell into extinction many generations ago. I am a huge fan of the Scots.

Maggie went into hospital for an ars.hole transplant, unfortunately the ars.hole rejected her.
    ####so what did you do after that louis.....regards cappy

7. Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy a couple of things.We leave the house to our children.that is our intention but God forbid we end up in a care home the house will be snatched from under their nose to pay for the care whilst those in rented are looked after for free.As regards young couples,many are not into getting married these days they would sooner have "my partner"and move into a flat asap.If they only realised that the two of them should stay at home with their parents they could save at least a grand a month whilst still having holidays etc. I will be on the paint brush next week in my grand-daughters house (a full house not a flat) that she is just moving into for rent they want to move on into their own place once into their mid twenties.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

9. Thanks N/A, cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hopefully jim the kids will try and keep us inshopping and otherneeds till the time comes .....it brings families back together like what it used to be ......and of course it gives them a bit of security when we go .....we can but live in hope...... a good buddy of mine had the top pizza house in leeds he made more than enough money......he retired and went abroard telling his son i am giving you this house but it is in my name ...the youth pleaded for it in his name.....the father said go and make a living ....the boy was much sort after by the females and lived with one for 5 years .she decided to go but would not leave the house ....and got a soliciter to demand half the boy then reallised why his father had done what he did......the father told the boy to leave the house then put the bailiffs in to get her out......livng together is as big a risk as marriage......regards cappy

gray_marian Guest

#14 'I have never met a Scottish Tory' Pleased to meet you Louis Yes there are a few up here, doesn't make me a bad person though

#16, There is usually a way round most things Jim. A couple buying their property wait until the time is right for them and put it into their offsprings name. In Scotland it had to be seven years [when I last checked] before the need for a nursing home. Mind you trust is involved
    Last edited by gray_marian; 3rd February 2015 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

seven years here as well marion ...regards cappy

13. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It has been known some parents have done that the next thing they are out on their ear.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

15. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast