Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mv salamanca

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mv salamanca

Hi , Roy, I also Sailed on the Salamanca, on the same trip...Yes the galley boy was shot, by the Police.as he was running away . from the Brawl. It wasn't in Valparaiso , that he was shot. It was further up the coast. Buenaventura, Columbia.. We did many Ports that trip, Going through the Magellan Straights, where if my memory serves me well, we took aboard two Pilots, one Chilean, the other Argentinian .. and I was told , they argued on the Bridge..(I don't know if it was true ..But you may remember.) .then we went up the coast to, Rio Gallegos, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Where you could still see the Sunken Remains of the ..Graf Spee , at low tide.. Captain, was Williamson. and it was a happy Ship.. I sailed 2nd Leckie. HAPPY DAYS.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Denham View Post
    Did a run job on the Salamanca from K.G.5 to Hull 26th September 67 to 29th September 67. Bit of a Rust Bucket, didn't fancy it deep sea so Joined the Kenuta . I checked my Discharge Book and the Captains name was Whittaker.
    Thank you Robert, unfortunately i lost my discharge book in a fire therefore i do not have the truth at hand, however you have refreshed my memory and yes it was Whittaker a really good man, thank you once again for you help of my now fading memory.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow Roger, that is really cool you were on her at the same time as me. Yes there was an argument between the pilots on the bridge. I sailed as AB, and i am really sorry now i did not get to know you, as you are aware it is rare that we would have known one another. That was one of my favourite trips, a great crew and Captain to one of the best places in the world personally speaking. YES VERY HAPPY DAYS. A BIG THANK YOU. I have received another reply which states the Captains name was Whittaker, i lost my discharge book so cannot verify,

5. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2