Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trident Tankers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Trident Tankers

Quote Originally Posted by dave smiley View Post
    Anyone remeber them? I was with Trident from '66 - '69 - some nice ships, and PANDO lifestyle, unusual on a tanker.
    MEGNA ( EX 'FOYLE'), 'OPAWA', 'GARONNE', 'ERNE'
    Good Afternoon my name is Ian Mackay, I was with Trident from 1965 to 1967 and sailed on the Erne and the Orissa. Now retired and living in Scotland.

2. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good afternoon, Mark Bromwich, I joined Trident in 1970, first ship was the Mantua, round the UK coast for 6 months, then the Garonne, Ottawa, and was the first lot over on the bulk carriers in 1972 when we amalgamated to BSD on the Fernie. Then the Gambhira for a couple of trip, back to Mantua, and then on gas ships till 1982 when I left!
    First ChEng on the Mantua, my first trip was Tommy Wilson, ex BISM, and first trip Master in 1988, Tommy Wilson was cheng. Hadn't changed at all, pink gin still at 1200hrs, come what may!!

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Paul Johnson liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Grayswift service

I don't know if you will ever look back at this, but you are correct, I was the first 'Grayswift' skipper in early '71. Did it for a year before moving on to Jebel Dhanna, where I was a pilot/mooring master for a few years.
    Dave Smiley
    Finally got back to reading this sight interesting to see where we have all been and what emerges we have. I cannot remember how your name stuck with me but for some reason the trip coming off one of the above vessels is always in my mind. I went on to become superintendent in KOTC, NMM, Vela Inernational and now happily retired in Glasgow.

Regards
    Ken Mcmillan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#11... is that Ian Mackay off the Lowland Cavalier. Think it was cavalier. might be wrong. You passed some remark years ago It was about some post I put up to satisfy people’s curiosity. Never came back so assumed you didnt want to talk about the. Subjectwbich was understandable. However if was you Ian welcome back and good to see your weathering well
    Regards JWS. Sorry my mistake have just noticed the date on #11 thought it was a new posting. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 1st March 2018 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: In at the beginning

Hello Dennis,
    I was senior apprentice on Indus when you joined with John Evans about 1958, I think, in Liverpool for a voyage to St John to load grain for India.
    Contact me if you would like to chat.
    Jimmy Duncan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: In at the beginning

I joined Trident as an Eng Cdt straight from school in 1970, 2 years at college at Hull doing C&G METC (not brainy enough for OND) 1st trip was on 'Atherstone' which was still in Hain-Nourse livery, then 'Mantua' my one and only steamship. Then Grafton back to South Shields for the final year of METAC (enjoyed 'shields so much that I failed most of the exams, lesson learned the hard way !) Garmula, Meynell (fabulous ship), Kildare, Eridge, Garinda, Galpara, Galconda, Garala, Gazana, Mundogas America (ex Garmula). Came ashore in 1985 Happy Days (mostly !)

- - - Updated - - -

I joined Trident as an Eng Cdt straight from school in 1970, 2 years at college at Hull doing C&G METC (not brainy enough for OND) 1st trip was on 'Atherstone' which was still in Hain-Nourse livery, then 'Mantua' my one and only steamship. Then Grafton back to South Shields for the final year of METAC (enjoyed 'shields so much that I failed most of the exams, lesson learned the hard way !) Garmula, Meynell (fabulous ship), Kildare, Eridge, Garinda, Galpara, Galconda, Garala, Gazana, Mundogas America (ex Garmula). Came ashore in 1985 Happy Days (mostly !)

9. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do remember Capt. Peter Bishop. An excellent person. Ian Pereira

11. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question Re: Trident Tankers

Anyone remeber them? I was with Trident from '66 - '69 - some nice ships, and PANDO lifestyle, unusual on a tanker.
    MEGNA ( EX 'FOYLE'), 'OPAWA', 'GARONNE', 'ERNE'
    Sailed on Erne, Ellenga, and Garonne as an engineer , happy days then but still hard work often wondered how my old seafaring mates were getting along and the visits to Bevis Marks London EC3 which became famous for the trident tanker song ! Alex Downie Isle of Man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2