Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
June 09, 2021 * 17 posts * 330 views
General ArticlesHenry Phillips said:
I was about 17 years old and one evening on my way home from I don't know where, I met a guy who had been in the year ahead of me at Strode's, the grammar school we had attended. ... Read more >>
June 09, 2021 * 34 posts * 695 views
Ask the ForumLewis McColl said:
Borrowed this photo from elsewhere. I asked the question why the list. Was she aground, Cargo shifted , or Ballast cock up. Looking at the photo again I reckon bad weather and ... Read more >>
June 13, 2021 * 19 posts * 309 views
News SnippetsVictoria Moss said:
I thought the main guy in Singapore was quite wise in his comments about China. He said they will always be there and we have to find ways of dealing with them. He indicated that ... Read more >>
June 11, 2021 * 7 posts * 156 views
Ask the ForumMichael Black said:
Saw John Gills post in the caradoc pub thread and he mentioned working in the shore gang, and it got me wondering how someone got into the shore gangs. I know what they were and ... Read more >>
June 08, 2021 * 12 posts * 272 views
Ask the Forumj.sabourn said:
I had 3 options what to name this post , offshore commodities, Drilling, or UFOs ( Unidentified floating objects ) it would appear to a lot of people who if dropped into an Oil ... Read more >>
June 07, 2021 * 3 posts * 124 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
Not the island but the Iranian navy's largest ship, caught fire and sunk. It was sold to the Iranian navy by the U.K and was built for the RFA. Rgds J.A. [link] ; Read more >>
June 12, 2021 * 1 post * 152 views
General Member DiscussionFouro said:
Hi everyone, On 6th July 2021 thirty three years will have passed since the Piper Alpha disaster happened. Click on html below and find out why I have posted this article. [link] ... Read more >>
June 12, 2021 * 1 post * 67 views
Poetry & BalladsKeith at Tregenna said:
the merchant navy what manner of men are these these merchant mariners of the king they dodge torpedo and bomb to deliver the items they bring to join their ranks you have to prove ... Read more >>
June 09, 2021 * 1 post * 98 views
Sea Training SchoolsLouis Naylor said:
Whilst looking back through past posts,there was a comment about recalling their number from the school. There was also reference to trainees being referred to as 'peanuts'. I ... Read more >>
June 09, 2021 * 1 post * 106 views
Newsletter FeedbackNickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Peter CowardJune 01, 2021 * 1 post * 47 views Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyPeter Coward said: Highlighted posts from Wednesday, ... Read more >>

More...