Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
April 28, 2021 * 11 posts * 177 views
Ask the ForumMichael Cumming said:
How would I go about finding my discharge book number, and details on the voyages I made on various ships I have the names of the ships and approximate dates. I was R/O from 1971 ... Read more >>
April 27, 2021 * 3 posts * 114 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsKevin Fieldhouse said:
Hello, I am doing family history regarding my late uncle, Thomas Joseph Fieldhouse who was a greaser/Donkeyman from mid 1920s to 1955. Date of birth 9/8/1902 Place of birth: London ... Read more >>
April 29, 2021 * 26 posts * 493 views
Swinging the LampLewis McColl said:
We are all guilty of this, but I would bet my last £1.00 we are all socially aware today and look with disgust at sights like these. But I am convinced this crap comes from shore ... Read more >>
May 01, 2021 * 27 posts * 433 views
Ask the ForumMike Hall said:
[image] This picture was put in the Gallery with no name. Can anyone Identify her. Thankyou Read more >>
April 30, 2021 * 14 posts * 241 views
Swinging the LampMichael Black said:
I have been watching some of the snooker on the T.V. at the moment. After a few days my wife my asked me if I could play, as she has never known me to. So I said I used to play ... Read more >>
April 28, 2021 * 15 posts * 300 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsLewis McColl said:
Curious, how many maiden voyages is this ship going to actually have. Under the current climate I would not advise the RN that calling to India is a wise move?? Read more >>
April 29, 2021 * 31 posts * 776 views
Swinging the Lampj.sabourn said:
#20.. I believe I said in another post sailed with a chief Engineer from Portsmouth who sailed in subs during the war a bloke called Fuchter , smashing bloke to go ashore with. ... Read more >>
April 27, 2021 * 10 posts * 286 views
Ask the ForumKevin Matthews said:
Hello All, I just joined this group and I am trying to locate any information on my Grandfather John Joseph Matthews, who served in the Merchant Navy from 1909-1912 until he retired ... Read more >>
May 03, 2021 * 16 posts * 196 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsvic mcclymont said:
According to Sky News online, the Government is set to announce the building of a new Royal Yacht. The new yacht is estimated to cost £200m and Cammel Lairds are favorites to build ... Read more >>
April 30, 2021 * 7 posts * 141 views
Merchant Navy General Postingscappy said:
As a ist tripper in sydney .....i had good fun in the rocks area bars .....but standing on circular quay in the 50s was a lot different to circular quay of today .......any way ... Read more >>

More...