Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
October 31, 2018 * 5 posts * 3,019 views
Crossed The BarChris Allman said:
Very sorry to hear the news about Don. May I offer my sincere condolences to his family and friends. RIP Don. ... Read more >>
November 16, 2012 * 6 posts * 4,272 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsCaptain Kong said:
I found this article of a very interesting ship that used to sail out of Liverpool, she did have a certain reputation of DRs for the Liverpool men, in My Documents on my computer, must have been there a long time, I thought it may be of ... Read more >>
November 01, 2018 * 23 posts * 6,459 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsj.sabourn said:
Although I spent a relative short time as mate and master on vessels engaged in towing various types of tow, it was a subject as a deep sea person one learned as one went along. I have great admiration for professional tug people especially ... Read more >>
April 17, 2021 * 8 posts * 174 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsGerard Kennedy said:
Hi J. P., Your description of the working of the Aldis Lamp brought back memories as I had to use that thing a few times in my career! I remember sailing with a second mate once ... Read more >>
April 17, 2021 * 18 posts * 231 views
Ask the ForumHuw Thomas said:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I am researching my Grandfather's time in the Merchant Navy during WW2. He was an Engineer. I have his discharge books and ... Read more >>
April 18, 2021 * 3 posts * 72 views
Orient LineRoyston Creasey said:
Hi my name is Roy Creasy I was on the SS Oronsay 1953 to 1956 my Number was R618550 I am trying to locate where I can get a copy of my discharge Books as they unfortunately have ... Read more >>
April 16, 2021 * 7 posts * 312 views
Swinging the LampKeith at Tregenna said:
A Personalised Stamp/Cover will be issued tomorrow in memory of His Royal Highness, the Duke of Edinburgh. The cover shows a photo of Prince Philip while he was in Malta serving ... Read more >>
April 18, 2021 * 2 posts * 80 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsLewis McColl said:
Has anyone watched the Sky History channel programme about the sinking of the Empress of Ireland. They were diving on the wreck and over the years a few divers have lost their ... Read more >>
April 14, 2021 * 2 posts * 123 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsvic mcclymont said:
Goggle:- Charles Miller Limited. They are marine auctioneers, a builders model of a ship is up for auction between£7,000 and £9000. Lots of memorabilia, but expensive. Vic Read more >>
April 14, 2021 * 1 post * 98 views
Swinging the LampLewis McColl said:
It was a lovely clear day today. Popped down the coast road as I am seeking answers from the RNLI about the Cushendall (Red Bay)Trent class lifeboat , Corinne Whiteley. This boat ... Read more >>

More...