Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
April 10, 2021 * 17 posts * 287 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsKeith Tindell said:
We all remember the lightermen of the 50-60s on the Thames, discharging cargo in to the barges, i always thought they were part of the families that had done that job for generations, ... Read more >>
April 11, 2021 * 11 posts * 161 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsStan Carter said:
Read an article that was posted on facebook, wasn't sure of it's feasibility, but evidently submitted by popular Mechanics....It covers the step by step action of the grounding... ... Read more >>
April 05, 2021 * 24 posts * 573 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert George Young said:
Brenda Dad was part of this operation [link] I received Arctic Star a few years ago. The next deployment for the group was Operation Goodwood, a diversionary air raid on the German ... Read more >>
April 06, 2021 * 9 posts * 177 views
Ask the ForumMark Thomas said:
Hi, I would be grateful if anyone can tell me where I can find WW1 Convoy ID cards. The annoying thing is that 8 or 9 years ago I found the ID Card for my grandfather but have ... Read more >>
April 07, 2021 * 6 posts * 210 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsj.sabourn said:
There are crude oil carriers , and clean products carriers John that's just about it for me. I was on two clean products carriers , the cargoes were Jet A1 and A2 fuel. Petroleum ... Read more >>
April 06, 2021 * 2 posts * 61 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
A STOVE IN BOAT This convoy run, a forlorn hope, Just south of Greenland, three days out. The fog came on, the weather too, When a stove in boat came into view. Her sails in tatters, ... Read more >>
April 07, 2021 * 1 post * 83 views
Meetings, Reunions and Memorial DaysKeith at Tregenna said:
Sea Sunday 2021 is on July 11, but you can mark the day on any Sunday of the year. With so many churches still in lockdown, we've made a short, narrated presentation about the ... Read more >>
April 07, 2021 * 5 posts * 1,285 views
Blue Star LineLewis McColl said:
No trying to guess this funnel. Never sailed with Blue Star but any time I saw one it always looked impressive. No doubt these lads did there bit to keep them looking good. [image] Read more >>
April 09, 2021 * 69 posts * 1,286 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsGerard Kennedy said:
CQ de EJM TFC LIST QSW 421= Gerry Kennedy Dublin Read more >>
April 07, 2021 * 56 posts * 1,446 views
Ask the ForumPhil Cave said:
I was in the Merch in the 60s and paid union fees. Does anyone know what happened to this? Read more >>

More...