Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
January 29, 2011 * 282 posts * 74,765 views
Swinging the LampCaptain Kong said:
Tony was asking about some new stuff about seafaring , here is one I may have done before. It is about a Hardship, not many of these around today. THE BEECHFIELD. This was a hard ship, SS BEECHFIELD W. SAVAGES, Ltd. ZILLAH STEAMSHIP CO ... Read more >>
February 28, 2012 * 7 posts * 4,052 views
Royal Fleet AuxillaryHeathenscot said:
Hi Mates I sailed on the RFA "Tidesurge" on 23/Jan/1968 as an EDH. I remember the first day we had a RAS (Refuel At Sea) I stood and didn't do a thing, there were hoses, lines, and pulley's everywhere, I hadn't a clue. Slowly we learned the ... Read more >>
March 22, 2021 * 16 posts * 319 views
My Memoires and Other Interesting Thingsjohn middleton said:
If ever there was a better example it would be hard to beat the one 60 years ago today. It was the final day of the maiden voyage of the Oriana 5 months to the day we had joined ... Read more >>
March 26, 2021 * 2 posts * 56 views
Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyEdward Peek said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Eddie Peek Discharge Book Number R869582Department Catering Your Rank/Rating Catering boy Which Ships were you on and When Port Lincoln ... Read more >>
March 24, 2021 * 3 posts * 61 views
Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyJoseph Anderson said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Joseph (Joe) Anderson Discharge Book Number R870555 Department Catering Your Rank/Rating Cat Boy/Stwd Cook/Sted ChCook/Cat Off Which Ships ... Read more >>
March 24, 2021 * 1 post * 152 views
Newsletter FeedbackNickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the webHighlighted posts Tugs...November 01, 2018 * 7 posts * 5,464 views Merchant Navy General Postingsj.sabourn said: The Beira Patrol on an RFA tankerFebruary ... Read more >>
March 24, 2021 * 138 posts * 2,769 views
News SnippetsDoc Vernon said:
Wonder how this happened, such a large Ship sideways in the Suez blocking all others from going anywhere! Suez Canal blocked by huge container ship | Egypt | The Guardian Read more >>
March 24, 2021 * 42 posts * 1,154 views
Swinging the Lampjohn middleton said:
I don't mean bad language, no, things that would be double dutch to shore fellas for example Tabnabs, Rosie, Farmer, blackpan & bell breakfast Tiger and Sougie I'm sure you can ... Read more >>
March 26, 2021 * 22 posts * 388 views
Ask the ForumMichael Black said:
Does the shipping company decide the minimum number of moorings to put out or just left to the master's decision. Having only sailed on Shaw Savill ships my experience is only ... Read more >>
March 23, 2021 * 30 posts * 745 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsKeith Tindell said:
Here are some memories of Liverpool docks from the past, some good photos, no narrative, kt [link] Read more >>

More...