Click here to view on the web
Highlighted posts
March 05, 2021 * 5 posts * 104 views
Dennis McGuckin said:
The American Merchant Mariner's Memorial Manhattan, New York Twice a day one of these tragic bronze mariners drowns with the tide to remember all those the sea has taken. BEEN ... Read more >>
March 06, 2021 * 3 posts * 103 views
John Arton said:
Anyone fancy a job on her, takes wine to the USA and brings cacao back. Rgds J.A. [link] Read more >>
March 02, 2021 * 5 posts * 123 views
Frank Burroughs said:
Ran across "tailshaft generator" in my reading. I think it creates electricity for the ship once at sea. how close am I? Frank Read more >>
March 03, 2021 * 1 post * 38 views
George Lill said:
Several weeks ago an article made reference to the Grimsby tug "Alfred Bannister"and I would like to add a little information. She is owned by one of my friends and is laid in ... Read more >>
March 02, 2021 * 1 post * 77 views
Keith at Tregenna said:
Big Lizzie! Farewell, Big Lizzie! Hundreds of wellwishers watch HMS Queen Elizabeth set sail from Portsmouth as £3bn aircraft carrier trains for first mission to the Med. [link] Read more >>
March 05, 2021 * 8 posts * 172 views
Lewis McColl said:
This is not intended to start a political back and forth row. Who like me thinks the offer of 1% pay rise to NHS workers is a kick in the teeth to those who have given so much ... Read more >>
March 05, 2021 * 10 posts * 153 views
Des Taff Jenkins said:
Three massive 8.3 earthquakes has hit near the Kermadic Islands in the Pacific, NZers from all along the East coast have been told to immediately move to higher ground, as they ... Read more >>
March 06, 2021 * 7 posts * 111 views
Keith at Tregenna said:
On March 5th, 1936 - 85 years ago - the modest, workaholic genius Reginald Mitchell watched his latest handiwork judder to life on a runway in Eastleigh, near Southampton. Known ... Read more >>
March 07, 2021 * 157 posts * 3,295 views
John F Collier said:
I went for a walk along the seafront this morning, first time forover a week as it's been a bit too cold and windy to enjoy, plenty of people jogging and others walking their dogs, ... Read more >>
March 07, 2021 * 11 posts * 127 views
Doc Vernon said:
Kings Cross is backSydney's nightlife is about to ramp up again, with the lockout laws lifted in Kings Cross overnight. The change means patrons can now enter pubs, bars and nightclubs ... Read more >>

More...