Click here to view on the web
Highlighted posts
March 01, 2021 * 15 posts * 243 views
John F Collier said:
The ORARI model is very detailed, you may wonder how this was acheived, it ook me a few years to collect the ships details that enabled the model maker to build the model grade. ... Read more >>
February 28, 2021 * 16 posts * 282 views
Duke Drennan said:
What exactly constitutes "deep sea". I never considered a run up the Lakes to be deep sea, am I wrong? I generally looked at any trip south of the equator as deep sea. Read more >>
February 22, 2021 * 38 posts * 794 views
Keith at Tregenna said:
#1: Some years ago a common sight at seaside resorts and elsewhere was old deactivated German sea mines that had been converted into charity collecting boxes. These round menacing ... Read more >>
February 24, 2021 * 13 posts * 318 views
j.sabourn said:
#9.. John going back to 1968/69 when running from Japan to the East coast of the USA and up the lakes with steel products to Chicago for the motor car industry, the securing of ... Read more >>
February 24, 2021 * 6 posts * 116 views
happy daze john in oz said:
There is a ship that sail the net with a very motley crew British Merchant Navy, tested tried and true. They come from all across the land they are the very best If you look you ... Read more >>
February 23, 2021 * 6 posts * 69 views
Lewis McColl said:
I cannot quite make the date out Brian was that February 1964? 360 people was that bringing the ship alongside or ferrying by ships lifeboats? Job well done by the looks of it. Read more >>
February 25, 2021 * 9 posts * 186 views
Keith at Tregenna said:
The wraps have come off a Merchant Navy memorial which has been installed outside the Shetland Museum. Members of the Shetland Seafarers Association gathered for a low-key unveiling ... Read more >>
February 28, 2021 * 2 posts * 120 views
Christopher Wicks said:
Life on Board a Mega Ship in 1981. Sir Alexander Glen was a Ore-Bulk-Oil Carrier 169,044 dwt and I joined in Antwerp in May 1981 and flew home from Japan the following August. ... Read more >>
February 24, 2021 * 6 posts * 132 views
Victoria Moss said:
Thanks Keith very informative. My husband was interested in this particular voyage so your info was appreciated. He was on the Oronsay. :) Read more >>
February 24, 2021 * 2 posts * 49 views
Ian Adrian Millar said:
THE REAL PRICE OF FOOD Hang the bunting on the rail, On the morrow we will sail. For England home and family too, Across the seas of world war two. Amid a world that's gone insane, ... Read more >>

More...