Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hostages

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hostages

Taken from a readers letter of the International Express wed. Feb. 7..2024.
    Is a fairly long letter so will just print the parts that caught my eye.
    Hostages as early as 1949 , there was discussion about the taking of civilians as hostages. All were in Agreement and should be made illegal throughout the world. In 1979 the U.N. Passed the law making it a crime to take hostages. These facts should have been on the front page of every country’s newspapers when the atrocity’s on October 7 by Hamas occurred. I cannot understand why the UN hasn’t taken any action. Who is running the U.N.? It really is time it was dismantled . I think the current team should read the Geneva Convention written in 1949. Sept. 1976 authorised legal action for the taken of hostages the whole world agreed . Never mind a ceasefire , the UN should be demanding their release.

A very peeved off writer and tend to agree with him/her. This is just the bare skin of the letter. To read this which most people know in any case will cost you $9.95 cents and the paper only has to reprint someone’s letter for the privilege. I only buy because the wife likes to read what she still calls home. If there is any alterations to what the original letter writer put down , they will have no recourse as the paper will not reprint , you only find these true facts through experience dealing with our Western freedom of the press. JS..
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hostages

While you have 5 Permanent members on the UN security council it will never be able to work. Everyone of those 5 are large producers of weapons.
    USA 40%, Russia 16%, France 11%, China 5%, UK 3% all sit as members of the security council. Why would they want a world at peace. Also am I right in saying if anyone of those members veto a proposal that is it dead in the water.
    Germany & Italy produce 4% each.
    Like everything it all depends on what site I get my information from, I used this site. https://www.visualcapitalist.com/ran...-exports-2022/
    What is interesting according to this link, countries that have increased their market share are
    USA +14%, Italy +45%,France +44%, South Korea +74%
    Russia -31%, China =23% ,Germany-35% and the UK-35% have all lost market share.
    When South Korea increased weapons sales by 74% is it any wonder Rocket man in Pyongyang is getting worried.
    All the fat cats making billions out of death and destuction.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Totally agree . The sec.general Mr. Guterres is just one of the many numpties in so called high positions that work to their own
    satisfaction. Google UN and you will see the lead page is full of reports from Gaza and not one from Israel . I would opine that
    if one notes where Guterres's sympathies then the lack action on this lack of action by the UN will become self explanotary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

defund nato and un

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regarding hostages. I don't believe anyone, movement, or nation that takes hostages should belong to any international organisations. It's typical of most Islamic whatevers to take hostages. It's in them to be that way, and they ain't gonna change soon.

6. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was it not the UN,(usless nutters) that in about 1950 said any one seeking refuge should do so in the first safe country they came to???????????
    Well that went down like a lead balloon.
    So who will take nay notice of them, certainly not HAMAS as a terrorist group.
    The there is Nota yahoo who takes notice from no one, he ploughs on despite any cries from USA or any other body.
    So no chance of any change on the hostage front.
    It is believed two were killed in an attempt by the Israel force to save them according to news today, Israel soldiers shot them in mistake for terrorists.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I suppose Nota Yahoo feels that if he eases off a bit to suit how other nations feel about his actions, then that will encourage more hostage taking? On the other hand, Hamas have no thought whatsoever for any innocent civilians being killed or injured in their name. In fact, it's all their fault, every death is caused by Hamas. If they had the sense to release the hostages earlier, then I'm sure it would have all turned out different.
    Maybe Jews learned from their neighbours how to live in the Middle East since 1948? Do as they do. None of it's going to make sense to normal people.

9. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I maybe wrong but in the Boer war did the British not round up all the Boer woman & children and put them in what was known as the first concentration camps, so held as hostages. Plan was to draw out the Boers as the camps were built in a clearing, easy targets for the British.
    Last edited by James Curry; 13th February 2024 at 09:43 AM.

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I believe that the French invaded Britain in 1066, killing lots of Brits down the south coast. Bit unfair really.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Docherty View Post
    defund nato and un
    There you go! Defund The UN & NATO and create a peace loving western utopia where arms Manufacturers, Despots and dictators get to do what they like with impunity while we smell the flowers and we pay in a different currency,our democracy.
    Doug

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast