Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alibama

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Alibama

With the time differences between US and UK Kenneth Eugene Smith may be already dead. He has been on Alibama's death row from 1996 after being convicted of murdering a preachers wife while acting as a hitman for the woman's husband. Two years ago an attempt to execute him failed because a vein could not be raised. Since 2018 three other prisoner executions have failed, a review placed the blame on the prisoners. There are currently 165 people on death row in Alibama.
    With the ongoing difficulty of obtaining the drugs for execution Smith will be the first to die from having nitrogen gas pumped through a mask. His Lawyers have filed a last minute appeal against the decision.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Alibama

A bullet probably costing a $ would have done the job. Quick and humane. Everyone forgets about the victims.

4. Likes Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yep, it is sad that this man has to die, but it was sadder for his victim, what happened to her husband who hired this killer. Either hanging or a firing squad is all it should take.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sad as it may appear for both victim and offender there are some crims who should just be wasted, they will never be any good to any one.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Graham Payne, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The final appeal failed and Kenneth Smith was executed by nitrogen gas, the first person to die this way. This will open the debate once again for and against the death penalty.

9. Likes Graham Payne, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We had the verdict here yesterday for an pure evil bastard who killed 3 people in Nottingham and then stole one of his victims can and attempted to kill 3 more people by driving at them.

Valdo Calocane had previously pleaded guilty to three counts of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

He was sentenced to be detained in a secure mental hospital for an indiffinate period.
    The sentence may be reviewed.
    This same guy failed to turn up to court on another matter. A warrent was issued for his arrest in 2022
    There have been several videos of this guy walking about the streets, why was he not lifted before he killed 3 innocent people. A video was shown of him be arrested and dragged out of the van. The police officer took this guy on and all he had to defend himself was a Taser. He was a lucker guy, in other countries he would have been shot dead, shame he was not.
    Last edited by James Curry; 26th January 2024 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am sure there will be a debate about the death penalty there always. Is after a controversial trial . I often say “ shooting is to good for them” especially when children and innocents are involved.
    But then I reflect what if I was in the Jury on a capital case ,would I have the wherewithal all to deliver the guilty verdict. knowing what I have learned about investigations, poor legal representatives , and the bending of the truth and downright coverups ( the Royal Mail scandal ) .The people with power seem to be able to manipulate out comes whether on the prosecution side or defence. Valdo Calocane and the titled t**t and her Boy friend who allowed her young baby to Die through Evil neglect. She has been excused from appearing in court probably through connections of her title parents. So who knows the realty of these things when we are asked to come to a Verdict
    Doug

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very good points there Doug. Too many times, people have been found guilty due to dodgy evidence, or bent coppers. It's not worth one innocent person getting strung up along with truly the guilty. Although I do feel that some foul doers of evil deeds deserve worse.
    Another thing I can't understand, is getting the death penalty after so many years spent in jail after the crime. I suppose it's just how the law works.
    Last edited by Johnny Kieran; 26th January 2024 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am not in favour of the death penalty especially when the person is being convicted on Forensic evidence.

But if they had requested some one to ensure these 2 evil bastards took the long drop I do not think they would have been short of Volunteers.

Michael Adebolajo is given a whole-life term and Michael Adebowale is jailed for a minimum of 45 years for the murder of Fusilier Lee Rigby in Woolwich.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    We had the verdict here yesterday for an pure evil bastard who killed 3 people in Nottingham and then stole one of his victims can and attempted to kill 3 more people by driving at them.

Valdo Calocane had previously pleaded guilty to three counts of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

He was sentenced to be detained in a secure mental hospital for an indiffinate period.
    The sentence may be reviewed.
    This same guy failed to turn up to court on another matter. A warrent was issued for his arrest in 2022
    There have been several videos of this guy walking about the streets, why was he not lifted before he killed 3 innocent people. A video was shown of him be arrested and dragged out of the van. The police officer took this guy on and all he had to defend himself was a Taser. He was a lucker guy, in other countries he would have been shot dead, shame he was not.
    James, there was an expert on BBC East Midlands and he was concerned about the sentence. He quoted that if at a time in future this guy was declare cured, he would be able to walk free, as the judge failed to stipulate, going to jail, if cured.
    Vic
    R879855

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast