Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Correct or not

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Correct or not

Quite normal Vic it was all for self interest. From the politicians down to those who could afford a week every year in the South of France. One is either a patriot or one is not. One is proud of one’s country or one is not. The UK like many other countries today have allowed too many who are not and never will look upon the Union Jack as their symbol for life and abeyance and should go back to their own true beliefs in their own countries of origin. Instead they try and succeed in taken over countries and bringing that country to their way of life , completely opposite to what their intentions are supposed to be. America is correct in their oath of allegiance in principle but some people can lie like a pig in tish. It’s in their genes from childhood to expiry date. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 17th January 2024 at 09:29 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think there were many leavers that needed telling that they should vote leave, in fact I know of none. I think they all knew it over the years, and had learned from their experience of those years being in the EU.
    Youngsters were probably told it was better to remain, as was my Grandson, he was told by his teacher at school, but I put him right.

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It really makes me smile, those of us who have one foot in the grave have formed an opinion that young people cannot form an opinion about Brexit.
    75% of those 18/24 year olds voted remain, 56% of those 25/49 year olds voted remain. It is not until you get to the age group 50/64 that you reach those who voted Leave 56% and those 65+ voted Leave.
    It is fair to say if the younger generation had got their vote out the UK would still be in the EU.
    61% of those 65+ as I said had one foot in the grave, many will now have both feet under the turf.
    #20 Vic they both lied , well what a mess we are in.
    To mention the Pandemic and it affected trade, trade world wide was affected by the Pandemic not just the UK.
    Recent revelations in the ongoing Covid inqury it would would appear the UK Government made a complete balls of that as well. PPE scandals , dodgey deals and contracts for the friends and those who made political donations. Friends and family could not be with loved ones as they spent their last days fighting for breath. Meanwhile a bunch of assholes see nothing wrong about having bottle parties in Number 10. You have the PM lying stating there were no parties. He lied to the people and he lied to Parliament.
    Last edited by James Curry; 18th January 2024 at 12:04 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#22 well I left the uk in 1991 and not being of any political persuasion was under the impression that the uk had a trade agreement and had not joined the EU parliament, and was shocked when heard we were subject to EU law. That should have been when the uk parliament should have been disbanded and all long service pensions and payments cancelled and the buildings reopened as a home for retired seafarers as far as I am concerned. The British government who allowed such to happen did not know the obligations of the job they had thought to enter or any vows they themselves make on taken office as to putting a country and its people first in line and by handing over that power had immediately committed perjury. Like it or not that is the way I see it, they have obligations of putting others before themselves the same as anyone in charge of a ship his first obligation is to the lives of those on board . They were poor specimens of manhood whoever they were , but there again perhaps manhood today is the wrong description and maybe AC/DC would be a better one. JS
    As to young people having an opinion , go right ahead , let’s hope you make a better choice than a lot of you make when choosing what sex you want to be. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th January 2024 at 12:56 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Fact the UK did not leave the EU until 2020, since there has been a pandemic which caused interruptions in Trade.
    There is no one in th UK suffering hardship due our exit from the EU.
    Germany the powerhouse of the EU is stagnating and in recession, and is restricted in what can do due to EU rules.
    Greater co-operation, your having a laugh, Germany refused to commit any assets to the current crisis in the Red sea. France as usual refused and stated it will only protect its ships.
    Spain flatly refused to co-operate.
    If Labour gets into power they will gradually move towards rejoining the EU, but they will do it such an underhand way, and present it as fate acompli, and rejoin.
    Vic
    Vic .
    They couldn't do it in a more underhand way than the original; by a Tory poof. no parliamentary vote, and I think not even a Party vote
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I left the UK for a better and very different life here in Oz.

But in my heart I am still a proud Englishman, proud of the country that gave me a start in life.

But on visits to the old dart I see how the country has changed and not for the better.
    No country should be controlled by another in the way the unelected gov of EU does.
    Unelected by the man in the street, asked to vote for people he has no concept of.

One major problem I saw was the number of illegals putting strain on medical and housing resources.
    Brought into the country by the demands and actions of other nations within the EU, countries such as France.

Can the UK go alone, yes if the peopled get behind it and the gov of the day take the correct action.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The forecast was the London financial sector would be decimated after Brexit, stronger than ever.

10. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The thing about younger voters, particularly re the EU, they actually knew no different. They grew up in it, some were born in it, but older people lived in both. That's why the older voters wanted out, they knew better, well, most did anyway.
    It's natural for remainers to blame the older generation for Brexit, and to bless the day they all die, but many of them will be dead too. Once that's done, the youngsters can make their own minds up. If they want to go back into the EU, let them, it'll be their choice, but they will be a little older, and will have learned a bit more. Just as all the younger people in France, Germany, Poland, Hungary, and probably a few more that may have joined by then.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#26 Ditto John but at a much later date. One reason was lack of work. The British sector of the North Sea was more and more getting foreign more sophisticated modern and higher powered vessels
    And the usual story a mixture of faults due to shipowner/government of failing to address.I know exactly how the miners and the fishing industry felt and probably still do. In Australia although still working with these throw away ships being made redundant from a mercantile world , they were manned by Australians and no foreign cheap labour during my 11 years offshore here. Not like a limp wristed uk government , but what was needed in the industry , it may sound unfair to some but to me is the correct way to conduct any business one uses the people of one’s own country first and foremost and pay proper wages for. I was never poor when working in Australia , if one was willing to work then you wouldn’t starve and together with the weather with or without the evils of Climate change is still one of the best places to reside in this old world of ours. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th January 2024 at 10:29 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's the old fatcat story again isn't it. The UK was flooded with cheap labour from the EU, wrecking the earnings of Brits. The EU had a policy of what they called "Levelling up", but that was for the Eastern Europeans, not us. It actually meant "levelling down" for Brits (well, the working class Brits anyway).
    Luckily enough, none of it affected me, I was doing well anyway. But, many friends and relatives were affected.
    Many of the companies affected by Brexit, were relying on cheap labour to boost profits, and it did, but now they're lobbying gov.uk to not send those illegals to Rwanda, but to process them quickly and allow them to work (cheaply).

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast