Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Correct or not

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Correct or not

I have nothing against free trade pacts John but when it comes to the nation being subjective to a foreign parliament to make its own laws and subject other people to them I call that treason. The British Parliament of the day should have discharged itself from the mockery it showed itself to be. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fact the UK did not leave the EU until 2020, since there has been a pandemic which caused interruptions in Trade.
    There is no one in th UK suffering hardship due our exit from the EU.
    Germany the powerhouse of the EU is stagnating and in recession, and is restricted in what can do due to EU rules.
    Greater co-operation, your having a laugh, Germany refused to commit any assets to the current crisis in the Red sea. France as usual refused and stated it will only protect its ships.
    Spain flatly refused to co-operate.
    If Labour gets into power they will gradually move towards rejoining the EU, but they will do it such an underhand way, and present it as fate acompli, and rejoin.
    Vic
    R879855

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    With a divided opinion in a country comes a weakened country , and those who didn’t agree with it in the first place are going to continue weakening the resolve of the nation by overturning the will of the majority. They used to call them poor losers , I still do. JS
    That's it in a nutshell.
    David Cameron dropped a clanger with the promise of an EU referendum. He and most others in gov.uk never intended to leave, the EU was a gravy train for the fatcats, and it was them that really mattered. It was just a vote winner for the Tories and it worked, but Boris got in and gave the people what they voted for, they call it "democracy".
    Most bosses didn't want Brexit, and they were, and still are working to see Brexit fail, it's that simple.
    I know plenty of remainers that are in a position to make things difficult with shipping between the UK and EU and they do it very well with the help of their mates in the EU and Brussels.
    Time will tell, if the remainers that created all the problems, can keep up the punishment without the fatcats loosing too much money, then maybe the people will bend.
    I've always been against being in the EU, voted against joining the common market, but accepted it being the will of the people. Joining the EU was never a choice, but leaving it was.
    I think, given time, the EU will fall apart under it's own steam anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#12 One thing that should then happen to the good there should be no uk politicians they will have nothing to do. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 16th January 2024 at 10:08 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From what I have learned over the years the EU was good for some in Uk but not all.
    Nothing new in that as there will always be those who do not agree.

The question remains though, can the UK go alone?
    I know they have made some free trade agreements with countries not on the EU list such as with us here in Oz.

But there is also the problem of some within EU, France and Germany come to mind, who give the impression they ae in charge, and bugger the rest.

Prior to the EU there were the inner six and outer seven if I recall, that worked then the union came about and so many not happy and not just in UK if facts be true.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Excellent analysis.
    My irritation rises from the consistent moaning, griping and berating from those bloody Remoaners.
    I voted for Brexit, without following the run of the mill propaganda - but because I personally felt that
    the UK was sliding away into obscurity as France and Germany and the Benelux hangers-on took a grip
    on the running of Europe - leaving the UK out in the cold despite our contributions.
    I also wanted our country to be governed by people WE chose to stand in Parliament, not a bunch of
    far-off Europeans whose interests were for their own country. MPs we hired and we fired.
    I voted for OUR laws, not that of the EU - to be judged by English courts under English Law. the oldest
    law in the world - not by some pork-pie hat wearing lay people selected by their own countries, passing down
    sentences as derived from a book of law that had only recently been created.
    I voted for our own identity - not that of European.
    I voted for our independence - not a shared one with 25 other countries all in the mix for their own benefit.
    I have no doubt that Flip Flop Starmer has every intention of taking this country back into the EU - by stealth.
    And when that happens, I have every intention of leaving this beloved land and emigrate either to Canada or a
    Caribbean island that will have me to live out my days.
    The woes of the UK are brought upon itself by these self-serving Remainers who have never stopped moaning
    about our leaving the EU. They point out to the Red Bus etc etc and "Boris Johnson's lies" ... but conveniently
    forget their own propaganda - World War 3; the collapse of sterling; the collapse of the financial market and so on..
    NONE of which has come to pass - DESPITE three years of the pandemic intervening.
    Sunak and his minions do not help the cause by their ineffective measures to deal with illegal immigration.
    The sooner that is seen to be rectified, the sooner people in this country will swing back behind the Tories.
    Sadly - Sunak is the weakest PM I have ever seen - and his loss to Flip Flop Bend Ze Knee Starmer this year is inevitable.
    I read some of the Remainers posts on here and weep for our glorious country.
    A Europe with Turkey, the Balkan states, a pro Russia Hungary ... All sponging off the richer states and in it for themselves?
    Remainers are a sad disillusioned bunch ... and they deserve everything they get should Flip Flop return us to the EU and
    this country is turned back into one of the "also rans" ... tipping our forelocks to France, Germany and Turkey as we slip down
    the path to self ruination.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was a “Remainer” but have know come think differently due to the Megalomania of the faceless bureaucrat's running the E .U. However I think that contrary to the popular view that The UK is a world Leading country I believe we have and continue to be an also ran state .This goes back to the Suez crisis of 1956 and subsequent bend overs by successive governments
    Doug

9. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like the "Red Bus" bit we keep hearing about. I don't know anyone that was inspired by it's messages, but it seems that the only people that read it were remainers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Fact the UK did not leave the EU until 2020, since there has been a pandemic which caused interruptions in Trade.
    There is no one in th UK suffering hardship due our exit from the EU.
    Germany the powerhouse of the EU is stagnating and in recession, and is restricted in what can do due to EU rules.
    Greater co-operation, your having a laugh, Germany refused to commit any assets to the current crisis in the Red sea. France as usual refused and stated it will only protect its ships.
    Spain flatly refused to co-operate.
    If Labour gets into power they will gradually move towards rejoining the EU, but they will do it such an underhand way, and present it as fate acompli, and rejoin.
    Vic
    So there was absolutely nothing underhand about how Boris and his merry band presented the arguement about leaving the EU?

Funny how many of those invovled in that circus have moved on from politics in the UK. Think the only one still poking his head above the parapet is Michael Gove. Others have resigned or been sacked , or kicked out by their own party.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Let's face it, both sides lied, but the remainers were the biggest liars.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 17th January 2024 at 08:22 PM.
    R879855

13. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast