Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Major drugs haul

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Major drugs haul

https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law...th-150-milion/
    Irish special forces have seized a huge drugs haul onboard a cargo ship coming from Colombia.
    The ship is now detained in cork.

Rgds
    J.A

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Major drugs haul

Interesting read

A Govt spokesman said 'this proves that Ireland is a very difficult place to get drugs into'

A Naval spokesman said 'Ireland is a very easy place to get drugs into as we only have two operational naval vessels'

I can see someone's chances of promotion disappearing over the horizon!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Assume we are talking abouth e Matthew. The Pilot that brought her in is a friend of mine sailed with him many times since he was a baby faced 3rd mate all the way to C/Off before joining Cork pilots.
    Hope the video link works. A bit of a worry for him could be there is a famous family in Dublin drug runners , people smugglers and not behind the door at the odd murder. The Kahanains. The Garda lock one up and another appears.

here is the link, https://youtu.be/5yl0GHhXCfU he is the guy the camera pans right into on the bridge , rather bushy beard which may be removed or given a serious trim. It is not the fella on the bridge wing but the fella in the white shirt.
    When the military had control of the ship the crew were all handcuffed to the ships railings. Only the Chief engineer was not but he was under armed guard in the engineroom. Other crew memebers were released for mooring stations.
    The old man was mede-vaced from the vessel yesterday(Monday) the C/Off was in command. Good job all round €150 million drugs no longer heading for re sale through out the UK. That is the second large drug haul this last few days £140 million siezed in Liverpool from a lorry that had travelled from the Republic.
    Some one is singing like a bird !!!

Great guy. I was over in Cork for an old Bibby reunion with 4 other Cork lads, think the pub was running low on Guinness. Bad heads all round next day.
    Last edited by James Curry; 27th September 2023 at 10:07 PM. Reason: spelling

4. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Allen James Jones, JoeWhelan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1 we have had large finds of drugs down here as well. Whenever I see the value placed on them I always think of those they don’t find. Think to myself those that they find are meant to be found whilst another batch goes merrily on its designated journey . The millions that media stories come out with is the price the customer pays the seller of the original producer is probably peanuts . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Oz a couple of weeks ago we had one of the biggest ever hauls found.
    But even though that was fund there would still be some that get through.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Alan Briggs liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the UK there is a system which I believe the police refer to as County Lines.

In the United Kingdom, the county lines drug supply model is the practice of trafficking drugs into rural areas and smaller towns, away from major cities. Criminal gangs recruit and exploit vulnerable children, sometimes including children in pupil referral units and those who have been excluded from school, and exploit them to deal drugs. Some young people are recruited via debt bondage, whereby they enter county lines to pay off drug debts.

Sadly I do not believe we will ever win the war on drugs, there is no real deterrent under the current laws.
    I would never like to see the death penalty being introduced again but those who are importing or producing when caught should never see the light of day again. Everytime they import or produce illegal drugs they are causing someones life somewhere so that should be classified as premeditated murder. I say that as they know that some one will die because of their product.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Police divers here went down under a ship when it arrived found the biggest haul so for of cocaine, over $150 million, the police said it was attached to the intake for the ballast pump, some one in the cartels must be selling them out, hope he is never caught.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#2. Ivan if more people stood up and spoke the truth the likes of that naval officer instead of trying to curry favour with dead heads who really are no use or ornament we would be in better climes. I was under the impression by listening to various talks in the POs mess by invite only , that the stalling fence was at Lieutenant/ Commander in the RN, one had to get that extra half stripe to Commander and a brass hat to be destined for bigger things. The realms of what Daddy did for a living is still there but today is well camouflaged. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Drugs will survive here in Oz as long as we continue with 'Safe Injecting rooms'
    There you can under supervision use what ever you like even though they are illegal.
    Crazy but true, if the Police pull you up on your way there and see drugs they cannot arrets you

According to one report about 50 lives have been saved by the rooms.

Who cares, if you use them then you take the risks.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Total ban on alcohol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast