Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pipe dreams?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pipe dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    If that had been in the eighties I could have told you all about it Tony. The wife’s cousin was mayor of Durham , he lived in Shincliff . Guess who was brought up on the other side of the street , our good friend if you like him but Tony Baloney our one time Prime Minister,
    Order of the Garter no less . I was talking to the resident of the occupier of the house a good few years ago but he didn’t want to talk about it too much. Cheers JS
    Shincliffe - still a high priced, desireable area for property.

2. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got a personal conducted tour when staying with the Mayor, of the Durham city council Chambers’s very impressive. The mayor himself was a national service veteran of the Korean War or police action as our politicians had want to call it. After national service he carried on in the reserves and finished up as Colonel in Chief before they disbanded the DLI Durham Light Infantry. He passed away a few years ago within weeks of his wife. Both sadly missed by all that knew them. I missed the Korean War by weeks as was on the coast there weeks after the peace talks were signed in 1953. I say peace talks it was actually a cease fire and don’t think even to this day a peace treaty has been signed so officially in that case we are still at war with North Korea. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th September 2023 at 11:11 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You're a little late, she gave up her non dom status last year, so she is paying tax on her UK income.

5. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3