Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cardboard drones

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cardboard drones

I have just been reading on the news that Australia is supplying Ukraine with cardboard drones, these apparently, are very hard to detect by radar etc. They carry a payload of 5kg, not a lot, but if they cannot be detected easily, they can maybe get in close, and do some damage, they are waxed to help with weather etc. This war is certainly showing the usefulness of drones. The Yanks are now supplying armour piercing shells, which the Russians have labelled as* inhuman*. Their credibility worldwide is now a joke.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cardboard drones

Are you sure those Australian cardboard drones weren’t referring to various politicians Keith. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I have just been reading on the news that Australia is supplying Ukraine with cardboard drones, these apparently, are very hard to detect by radar etc. They carry a payload of 5kg, not a lot, but if they cannot be detected easily, they can maybe get in close, and do some damage, they are waxed to help with weather etc. This war is certainly showing the usefulness of drones. The Yanks are now supplying armour piercing shells, which the Russians have labelled as* inhuman*. Their credibility worldwide is now a joke.
    Has the UK not been supplying armour piercing shells from day one. The Russians tried to make out they were a nuclear device and started sabre rattling about how they would respond if it continued. I believe they are referred to as Depleted Urainium shells.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good thinking by the twat that runs the Ukraine, he has accepted the shells from the USA, while the fighting is mostly in Ukraine it is his people who are going to be affected by depleted uranium, and as they usually do the American Govt will deny having anything to do with the fallout.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From all available info Des they are not nuclear.
    But from footage they can do one hell of a lot of damage.
    Piecer even the toughest metal on any armament, might give Putin a bit of a stir.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All countries that supply weapons, love a war, they can see the results of all their latest inventions, and of course , if they are successful , the cost on the market rises, and lots of lovely lolly to be made. An example was the Falklands war, when the french exocet sank the HMS Sheffield, and others, the price on the market rose, and the orders with it. These cardboard drones will make a lot of money in the world market.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-...fare/102804120
    R689823

9. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Has the UK not been supplying armour piercing shells from day one. The Russians tried to make out they were a nuclear device and started sabre rattling about how they would respond if it continued. I believe they are referred to as Depleted Urainium shells.
    Depleted uranium shells
    It's a war crime to use them as the uranium poisons the soil and local people for centuries
    Children in Iraq are still being born with deformities after the UK used uranium shells there

11. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Marian Gray Guest

Re#3, As from March 2023

Not being pedantic - prefer actual facts where possible.

Marian Gray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Les Morgan View Post
    Depleted uranium shells
    It's a war crime to use them as the uranium poisons the soil and local people for centuries
    Children in Iraq are still being born with deformities after the UK used uranium shells there
    Agree not what is wanted - but needed if we don't want him attacking Europe next IMHO!!.... No parent wants WW3. Same issue with Japan WW2. The war has to end - Putin has to be stopped indefinitely since death due to ill health is not as imminent as first thought..... I presume.

14. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Marian Gray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Good thinking by the twat that runs the Ukraine, he has accepted the shells from the USA, while the fighting is mostly in Ukraine it is his people who are going to be affected by depleted uranium, and as they usually do the American Govt will deny having anything to do with the fallout.
    Des
    Whilst I hear what you are saying Des and appreciate the abhorrent consequences of these particular shells I also believe you simply cannot give in when a dictator decides by military offensive to invade a country for himself. Yes I am aware it's old territory but ''I want doesn't get'' applies here. Simplistic I know

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast