Thread: Cardboard drones

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cardboard drones

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    Re#3, As from March 2023

Not being pedantic - prefer actual facts where possible.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-65051330

Also this, The revelation that the UK is planning to send depleted uranium shells to Ukraine to be fired from Challenger tanks has prompted a strong response from Russia.

President Vladimir Putin accused the UK of using “weapons with a nuclear component” and threatened retaliation on Tuesday, as defence minister Sergei Shoigu warned of a “nuclear collision”.

From this,

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/deple...kraine-2225868

Marian if I still had my "00" rating from MFI. I may have been able to furnish you with more information about what takes place in the Cabinet.
    Last edited by James Curry; 9th September 2023 at 05:10 PM.

2. Likes john mc dermott liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Having spent some time with limited use of DU it is important to remember that When a DU round impacts on a hard surface, some dust is released. This can be a
    health hazard in some circumstances. However, all the research to date indicates
    that these circumstances are extremely unlikely to occur, and, if they do, will only
    affect very small groups who will be at much greater risk from the other hazards
    associated with armed conflict. Recent work—including the monitoring of veterans
    and battlefields - confirms this. The UK used very limited quantities (less than 2.9
    tonnes) of DU in two armed conflicts in 1991 and 2003.

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

American Republican Senators are very worried about the use of depleted uranium, plus the amount of weaponry that Biden is sending to the Ukraine.
    I think thy are worried about the near future. America and Britain are now leading the fight against Russia a very dangerous thing to do.
    I think if someone unseats Putin, things will become flash point, there are far more dangerous men in Russia than he.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting times coming up Des, i see this morning that Poland is not going to continue supplying Ukraine with weapons, this is in defiance of the EU and its rules, so Putin begins to see daylight as the EU wrangles. Ukraine, if reported correctly, has refused to accept German leopard tanks, saying they are not working correctly. the Yanks, if Trump gets in, will probably abandon the Ukraine weapons and money supply. All good news for Putin. if it does really kick off with Russia, it matters not where you live in the world, it will involve you all.
    R689823

8. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Similar history repeating itself Keith ? The last world war , Britain declared war on Germany as had a pact with Poland , when Hitler just like Putin invaded Poland with similar lies and deceit as an excuse ,Putin is doing likewise and using the same principles as the Nazis which he insists the Ukraine is full of. Germany did invade the Ukraine before the big push into Russia breaking a pact he had with Stalin , but the Ukraine held him back long enough for his armies to be caught on the hop in the Russian winter. When mad dogs fall out it’s best to give them room to tear each other to pieces . JS
    R575129

Marian Gray Guest

Re#3, As from March 2023

Not being pedantic - prefer actual facts where possible.
    James have to rectify your assumption that I requested clarification re c/drones from you. Your #3 stated that the UK had been sending them from 'day one' My #8 was a correction. Perhaps if you had read your own reply to me #11 thereafter you would indeed have learned yourself the exact date rather than your usual of ''opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble'' when it comes to actual facts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

not one scintilla of evidence cardoard drones have downed anything

12. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James have to rectify your assumption that I requested clarification re c/drones from you. Your #3 stated that the UK had been sending them from 'day one' My #8 was a correction. Perhaps if you had read your own reply to me #11 thereafter you would indeed have learned yourself the exact date rather than your usual of ''opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble'' when it comes to actual facts.
    Really,are you trying to kick off yet another row here?

Suggest you get your facts right#3 was a question but perhaps you misread the post.

14. Thanks john mc dermott thanked for this post
    Likes john mc dermott liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One problem with the situation is that the only info we get is from the media.
    It does vary depending which section you use, TV can vary between channels, as for the papers, just media hype most of the time.

But scare mongering helps those who need it most, there are also stories concerning terrible things that are happening to Russia as well as Ukraine.

So depending on what you want to believe there are a number of stories on offer
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If trump gets in again, i think we all have worries. Apart from not backing Ukraine any longer, he has also threatened to drop out of NATO, if that were to happen, Putin would have the green light to do as he wishes, he can start invading and reclaiming all the old previous Russian territories , who then is going to stop him ?, don't even mention the EU, he would be in Paris while they are still discussing it. Sit back and pray that Trump fails, even if it is Joe, Joe just needs a good deputy.
    R689823

17. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast