Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to Earn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default How to Earn

How to earn a good payoff for a cockup.

NatWest gives disgraced ex-boss Dame Alison Rose £2.4 MILLION final payment despite Farage banking scandal.

Not bad eh!!!!

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Peter Copley liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How to Earn

Again British taxpayers money, as I understand (stand to be corrected) that the Govt still has shares in Natwest and the only money the Govt has is taxpayers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So what's new? goes on all the time among what we in Wales used to call the Crachach' the only difference over the years is that the amount increases with inflation. I'm surprised you are complaining James I thought you supported Capitalism.
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 24th August 2023 at 01:42 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Then she will be given a new posting with some other company and paid even more.

Se the ex polis and the nice jobs they end up with!!

Been reading a book about Mythical creatures, interesting.
    The one that comes up most is the 'Honest Politician."
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des, me supporting Capitalism now that is a new one most seem to think I am from the former shadow cabinet from when Corbyn was in charge.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Two of my neighbours charge commuters a daily fee for parking on their drives.

8. Likes James Curry, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Marian Gray Guest

That works both ways Johnny, when your neighbours go out burglars only see the cars, unless they're are stalking the place....Then, that's where you come in. Ask for a cut

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They're all retired Marian, their cars are always on the drives, usually anyway. They just leave a space for the visitors. Big drives always come in handy.
    But, I may make an approach re. a shilling or two for not telling the tax man

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    How to earn a good payoff for a cockup.

NatWest gives disgraced ex-boss Dame Alison Rose £2.4 MILLION final payment despite Farage banking scandal.

Not bad eh!!!!
    Just wait and see what highly paid job she picks up in the near future

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At the level he was at he would have had a contract, and if he was terminated before his contract had expired the company would have to pay him what his contract said, salary and bonus if he had achieved his goals and objectives, pension and all his benefits at the of termination, but nothing if he quit.

I was CEO of a company for 6 1/2 years. I had had enough and saved my money, and I gave a months' notice and resigned. I was willing to go and forgo future pay and benefits of my employment contract. I wanted out. The parent company hired a "consultant." He didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. He was just put in to make sure I didn't remove documents in case I was going to a rival company. I couldn't, I had a noncompete clause in my employment contract. I had three weeks left on my resignation letter of a months' notice. he came into my office and told me. "It's better you leave today, as soon as you can." So, I said, "You are firing me then." He said "Yes I am." I told him to put it in writing. The dummy did, I packed and left. Next day I saw my lawyer. the bottom line was that letter got me seven and a bit months' salary, bonus money, a month's holiday pay, health and life insurance, and my car and driver for the balance of my contract, and other contractual goodies. I didn't really need the driver and he just parked in my driveway and read novels and on occasion took me shopping, but I said bugger it! They finally offered me 50% of the cars expense as a buyout, thank you very much. All together it was an unexpected tidy sum, and my bank account was very pleased.

I never was employed again. retired at 46 and my wife 36, and we went traveling for 13 years then enjoyed a wonderful time in South Carolina, and I have a hell of a lot of wonderful memories. I'm sure If somebody saw what they had to pay me in severance and benefits, there would be moans. What I was paid in severance was nowhere near the level that guy got, but it was a nice bit of unexpected change thanks to a chump. Oh, he got let go a month later.

Cheers Rodney
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 24th August 2023 at 07:08 PM.
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast