Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to Earn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How to Earn

Rob.
    Consultant is now a dirty word in Aussie politics since they found out that some of the biggest companies in he world employed by the former Liberal Govt as consultants was swindling the tax payer of $Billions, they were responsible for a new Govt Company tax system that they then sold on the side to the big Companies for huge sums, they had replaced the public servants for the work, at least one Minister has resigned as there are reports of him being paid off.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

2. Thanks N/A, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders, similar for me.
    I was food services manager at a very large Uni here in Melbourne.
    They were merging with another institute and needed to reduce staff levels.
    A consultant was brough in to assess catering within to see if it would be better outsourced.
    I told him outsource by all means but if that is what you recommend then make sure I am not left hanging.

Fine just pay me what I am mowed.

Went to see the education union, I must be made redundant.

So after 14 years they had to pay me out.
    10 weeks pay for each of the first 10 years,8 weeks for the rest.
    Plus 6 months long service leave, 3 months annual leave and an additional 6 weeks if I went by December 3 that year.
    Best bit, only taxed at half rate as we were classified as part public servants.
    End of tax year got it all back.
    Wife also got a package as one of those going in the 200 staff needed to leave
    That with all our super set us up.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks N/A, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Rodney Mills, Bill Morrison liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes. The taxpayers own 39% of Natwest

6. Likes N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Johnno. Good on yer. I think you will find that many of the consultants were let go by a company and could not get a job so they became a consultant. The real funny part was I got a phone call from a placement agency telling me that a company was wanted to hire me and to please rush a detailed resume. It was to the personnel department of my old company.

Cheers, Rodders
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi des #11
    good evening, its the same here des and in wales, scotland and england all three national health services are run by layers of people whom dont do anything but think they know everything and get paid the highest of wages, and dominated by the left wing ideology, with most of the staff are either wrapped up with rainbow flags, with a small proportion keeping everything running,Believe me i got hit in the nape of my neck and back by the boom the other week while out racing on my mates boat, i went to the hospital and there was a six hour wait in triage, i went home and the wife put some voltarol cream on it to take the swelling down, im ok now its just the hump its left on my back,
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Thomas.
    We are lucky, we have a lovely little Hospital here in Cooma, mind you it serves a big area, including nearly two million visitors during the snow season, we lay in bed listening to the helicopter bring in another broken leg from the ski fields LoL. But Sydney is the same as you say Ambulances lined up at Emergency, in a break down they worked out the number of people ringing for an ambulance with a headache stomach ache or just can't get to sleep is the problem, mainly of course our myriad of new Australians who don't want to pay for a Dr.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

10. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#15 Thomas next time out if get another hit in back, can then call you camel instead of Dromendary like now, or maybe just Boom Boom . Can you claim for the tax on the Voltarol
    ?? JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Saw the ambos in London , anon stop stream of them with twos and blues going hell for Leather
    But here in Oz, city ones are stretched to the limit, like UK shortage of medicos, but country ones do well great service as lower population.

Have a niece in UK works as a deputy radiograph chief.
    Only works 3 days a week, says it is full non stop all day with patients.
    But with a city of some 10 million no surprise there.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Likes Tony Taylor, N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #17
    good morning, Dromendary i had to look that one up, I confess i may have had some experiences of humping camels in the past just like cappy took a shine to emus, but as i have not taken sugar in my tea since i was a kid i despaired in finding i may end up with a hump in old age, To be truthful i have not done that much racing the last couple of years as the plague from china stopped nearly two years of sailing in sports and so i try to get out on my own boat as much as possible, but apart from the boom smacking me because a involuntary jibe i do enjoy sailing in competition, even though the shouts from the other crew is that the boat should be renamed the last of the summer wine, after that excellent bbc 1 series. ie because of the age of our crew.
    but as they say if you are ever attacked by clowns go for the juggler first.
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 26th August 2023 at 09:39 AM.

15. Likes j.sabourn, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That sounds a bit like when I used to smoke and other heavy smokers when chastised for spreading their coughs and sneezes and accompanying diseases , used to reply , “ It’s not the cough that carry’s you off, it’s the coffin they carry you off in “. Another one if attacked by laughing Clowns would be “ if wit was tish you’d be constipated “. If anything gives a clown a headache it’s having to work out a suitable reply. A camels breath would put me off, do you wear a clothes peg on your nose when conversing or cavorting with her , I assume it is a her ? Cheers take care of sail booms when sailing your boat. JS
    R575129

17. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, thomas michael liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast