Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default For those who!!!

For those who are still in denial about climate change. Hottest temperatures in the mediterranean region Italy, Sicily, Rhodes and Corfu. In places 48.5 degrees. Raging forest fires, whole communities being evacuated homes lost. This follows on from last years severe hot weather. Over 61,500 people have died due to excissive temperatures over the last 2 years.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Roques, Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: For those who!!!

how come we have so many snowflakes then?

4. Thanks Graham Payne thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    For those who are still in denial about climate change. Hottest temperatures in the mediterranean region Italy, Sicily, Rhodes and Corfu. In places 48.5 degrees. Raging forest fires, whole communities being evacuated homes lost. This follows on from last years severe hot weather. Over 61,500 people have died due to excissive temperatures over the last 2 years.
    So you're another one who falls for everything you see on the telly . It also seems that temperatures are being measured from the tarmacs instead of air temperatures and also that some fires have been started deliberatly and in the same places that have been designated as reserved for the placement of wind turbines. Or is this just coincidence or naughty media porkies?.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John Cassels; 25th July 2023 at 07:52 PM.

6. Thanks John Gill thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, cappy, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Will agree with James on the Post. Temps are most assurdedly rising all over the World, yes there are still very cold Winters in Places (Like here in Aussie at this time) but Climate change is for sure ! Look at the Summers the UK are experiencing these days compared to when i recall we always had mild ones in the past! A few Hot days may be , but hell now what they get nowdays!

The Heatwave that is now causing so much damage and heartache in parts of the World is a warning sign that Climate change is here, and if nothing is done mu guess is that the World is Doomed!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

8. Likes James Curry, Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#3 no John but as you say some of the fires have been started by arsonists. But my next door neighbour has just come back from Greece only last week. He tells me it was in the 40's But eh!!! you do not want to believe that climate change is occurring well that is your upto you. An awful lot of these scientists perhaps do not know what they are talking about. So it is reassuring to know that the world is not getting hotter.

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    but Climate change is for sure ! Look at the Summers the UK are experiencing these days compared to when i recall we always had mild ones in the past! A few Hot days may be , but hell now what they get nowdays!
    Well the highest temp we've had here for last week has been 17c, today was 13c and raining, looking at the next 10 days we can expect to reach 20c with rain nearly every day, but we do have a hosepipe ban. My rheumatism needs a little global warming!

12. Likes N/A, Doc Vernon, Tony Taylor, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Be thankful for the Jet stream otherwise we may well be toasted as well. Is July not going to be the wettest on record?

14. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last edited by Doc Vernon; 26th July 2023 at 12:55 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

16. Thanks James Curry thanked for this post
    Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lets be realistic about climate change. Neither those for it or against it on this site will be around to post? I told you so. Well most of us so why try to stuff up the next generation from trying to do something about it. As I have said many times before. If there is no climate change at least we leave a cleaner world for those coming after us. If there is climate change and we do stuff all then as said? We will be pushing up daisies while those following suffer and I for one want to fall of the branch with the knowledge that I might have helped the climate in some way. Personally I think that those against it are a bunch of old salts that have lost their status and trying desperately to get it back.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

18. Thanks James Curry, Rodney Mills, Trevor Bodiam thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by doc vernon View Post
    will agree with james on the post. Temps are most assurdedly rising all over the world, yes there are still very cold winters in places (like here in aussie at this time) but climate change is for sure ! Look at the summers the uk are experiencing these days compared to when i recall we always had mild ones in the past! A few hot days may be , but hell now what they get nowdays!

The heatwave that is now causing so much damage and heartache in parts of the world is a warning sign that climate change is here, and if nothing is done mu guess is that the world is doomed!
    Cheers
    aye we are all doomed captain mainwaring ........doomed i say.....r683532

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast