Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: For those who!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: For those who!!!

The myth that Co2 is solely responsible for climate change is wrong and is used purely for political reasons.
    When climate change burst on the scene a few decades ago, the scientist responsible for producing the report on climate change were taken to task by NASA. Thy ignored that sun sola activity was at its highest for a number years.
    NASA pointed out that Solar activity has an effect on the earths activity.
    Many climate scientist ignore the natural phenomenon that occurs that affect our planet.
    1) For the last few decades or so the earths magnetism has been slowly weakening and as such the magnetic poles have shifted some 8 degrees. This shift of the poles and weakening field means that more solar energy gets through to the earths surface.
    2) The earth wobbles in orbit around the sun and cause the earths axis moves between 21.0 which is considered normal to 24 degrees which at its peak the earth is 3 degrees closer to the sun. Currently the earth has move to 23 .0 degrees meaning we are much closer, some scientist estimate that this the equivalent of an increase heat of 5 watts per square mile.
    The movement of the axis takes place over hundreds if not thousand of years.
    Some scientist claim that that the weakening of the magnetic field
    When people stand up and lecture us about net Zero the obviously do not a clue, background C02 (produced by the earth) is 250ppm, the total C02 in the atmosphere is 430ppm.
    Vic
    R879855

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I guess this discussion could go on and on and on, but i say that although there are those that do start Fires by one means or the other, all the Fires raging around the Globe at this point cannot have been all started by some idiots! We do not really know what started them all, but Heat is the Factor, and for mine well i say that there is self starting Heat Fires one way or the other! (Not by Humans but by sheer Heat! )

We all have our won thoughts i know, but i say and i stick to it, there is Climate Change and its getting worse, not only that but the Sun is slowly (very slowly) moving closer to Earth, so that in itself will generate even more Heat and worse Fires and Heat Spells to come, as the caption shows that James posted, "Dont Bury Your Heads in the Sand " Face up to facts its happening, and will just get worse !
    Bye Bye! Running for Cover!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks James Curry thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    there is Climate Change and its getting worse, not only that but the Sun is slowly (very slowly) moving closer to Earth, so that in itself will generate even more Heat
    Well as soon as we find the man who is responsible for that we should prosecute him (or her, or it)

6. Likes Doc Vernon, vic mcclymont, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree with you Brian that trees do not suddenly burst into flames. Here in Oz it is expected that bush fire season will be very bad after a dry winter followed by a hot dry summer (usually called a drought) the undergrowth becomes inder dry. It does not take much to ignite that and hence bad bush fires. If you do not believe this. Then explain how fires start within the middle of the bush that covers thousands of acres. Hence why we have selected bush fire burn offs to reduce that tinder dry undergrowth. Similar to the old hay stack fires if not properly managed. Besides that there are certain trees here that can not reproduce unless there is a fire so obviously bush fires where going on before mankind started to feck it all up
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

8. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon, James Curry liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#22 whatever you do Ivan dot make that cover asbestos otherwise your cover Will be blown and you’ll die with asbestosis before climate change gets a chance, After all the Sun is only about halfway through its life cycle. Cheers JS
    R575129

10. Likes Doc Vernon, Ivan Cloherty liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Which one is it to be? Global warming or freezing Northern Hemisphere.
    According to the Guardian, the Jet Stream could collapse as early as 2025, two years away.
    If the Jet Stream collapses Europe will suffer extremely cold weather.
    So which is it to be roasted or frozen, you couldn't make it up.
    Vic
    R879855

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell, Bill Morrison liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Hottest place I have ever been to on this earth after going all over it for 70 years was when I walked through Kings Canyon, tween "The Rock and Alice, in Oz, around ten years ago.
    I was lucky to get out alive, It is full of trees,but the heat was unbearable, every drop of moisture in my body was sucked out
    and I crawled out on my hands and knees. even tho I had taken a bottle of water with me. I collapsed by the caravan and SHE gave me water.
    Not one tree was burning.
    on the track in 3 days six people died,two English women, two Germans and two Australians, One body found one kilometre from their broken down car and the other man one and a half kilometres, You are told not to leave the car, all these decided to walk and died.

Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 27th July 2023 at 11:48 AM.

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One thing in the news today about the fires in Greece somewhere. The reporter was saying that all the trees and vegetation had been burned away, and they were worried that it could all happen again, in the same place, in a few weeks time.
    Now if it's all been burnt up, would it all catch fire again? I'd have thought they'd need a bit of a rainy season to make even the undergrowth grow again, let alone the trees.
    I could understand if the fires were put out, leaving plenty of stuff to catch fire again, but the report was, that it was all completely burnt up.

16. Likes Tony Taylor, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unless the fires have been on peaty ground, where it can burn away under the ground undetected, until it can appear some distance away, but who knows with the reporting we have all learned to mistrust.
    R689823

18. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Johnny Kieran, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    I guess this discussion could go on and on and on, but i say that although there are those that do start Fires by one means or the other, all the Fires raging around the Globe at this point cannot have been all started by some idiots! We do not really know what started them all, but Heat is the Factor, and for mine well i say that there is self starting Heat Fires one way or the other! (Not by Humans but by sheer Heat! )

We all have our won thoughts i know, but i say and i stick to it, there is Climate Change and its getting worse, not only that but the Sun is slowly (very slowly) moving closer to Earth, so that in itself will generate even more Heat and worse Fires and Heat Spells to come, as the caption shows that James posted, "Dont Bury Your Heads in the Sand " Face up to facts its happening, and will just get worse !
    Bye Bye! Running for Cover!
    The vast majority of the 800 or 900 wildfires currently burning in Canada were started by lightning strikes. It natural causes.
    Bob

20. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Morrison, vic mcclymont, N/A liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast