Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: For those who!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: For those who!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Les Woodard View Post
    Personally I think that those against it are a bunch of old salts that have lost their status and trying desperately to get it back.
    Can't lose what you've never had Les, we've never had status!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm keeping an open mind on the subject. Yes, there are unusual temperatures occurring around the globe, but when I see comments from scientists like "hottest day for 50 years", I think to myself "that sounds like it was even hotter 50 years ago". I wonder how long records have been kept regarding the weather?
    I also know that some people, usually the fatcats, will jump at every chance to create opportunities to get even fatter. Look at the pandemic, Look how the fatcats jumped on that one. Our roads are full of delivery vans, driven mostly by migrants (cheap labour), making parcel deliveries for "on line shoppers". That's just one tiny example of creating pollution. Most local shops are shut, causing us to drive longer distances to remote shopping centres.
    Everything change during the pandemic, but it hasn't gone back to the way it was before, they've milked it, and are still milking it.

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ivan cloherty View Post
    can't lose what you've never had les, we've never had status!
    someone should have told old roberts on the cragmoor that ivan or the ist trip old man who put deserted in my discharge book used to parade round like a prize bloody turkey ......but must say some were gentlemen and on average were decent when dealing with incidents of various types....r683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The forest fires raging across Greece,Italy, Algeria, Tunisia are a result of tinder dry conditions but to have a fire you need three conditions to come together, fuel, ignition source and oxygen. In all of these fires none have been caused by lightning strike or self ignition as far as I have heard but in Greece certainly actual fire fighters say they have been started by humans either by leaving rubbish behind or deliberately starting them. If you have fuel and Oxygen you don't need high temperature to start a fire in the open, just sunlight shining on a surface such as a piece of broken glas or disgarded bottle.
    For anyone who has visited Algeria or Tunisia you will know they are not the best at keeping their country neat and tidy nor dispose of their rubbish correctly.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Arton View Post
    For anyone who has visited Algeria or Tunisia you will know they are not the best at keeping their country neat and tidy nor dispose of their rubbish correctly.
    Rgds
    J.A.
    Include the Greek country side, Cyprus and a few others in the above John.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Greeks idea of a rubbish tip, is to take it up into the mountains, and tip it over from the side of the road, and they have signed up to all the rules of the EU, and walk away laughing, glad we are out of that bloody crazy EU system. People complaining they haver to show their passport , what a bother, when the continent of Europe had more sense, you had to show your passport at every nations borders , get over it and rejoice .
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why is it only trees that burn?
    You never hear of a Wooden fence, or a garden shed, or a wooden house all alone that bursts into flames, they are all tinder dry, a tree is full of sap.
    A tree stood alone will not suddenly burst into flames.
    The temperatures are only HALF the temperature of boiling water
    we have had hotter temperatures in the past, In 1954[ 69 years ago] we were in Bahrain, temperature very high, 16 Arabs who were working on our ship died from the heat.
    I am sure these fires are started by these protest groups
    Two years ago Boltonistan was surrounded by burning moorland. the Helicopter caught two men setting fire to the grass land.
    If there was no fires the temperature would be a lot less,
    has anyone ever seen the start of a forest fire???

you are stood in a forest, and a tree in front of you suddenly bursts into flames. HOW???
    why does a wood fence, very dry, not suddenly burst into flames? and a tree full of sap does.
    Fires are caused also by discarded cigs, BBQs, glass bottles etc etc. the air temperatures' will not make trees burst into flames, they need an ignition
    Do not be conned by these protest groups
    Brian

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Make no mistake, this climate change hysteria is pure tosh. For pity's sake, do you not recall tat it was these so-called, media styled "experts" who in the 1970s were absolutely adamant that we were doomed to a new Ice Age that would decimate the planet in the next few decades!!!
    Sorry old boy, but no - this is simply quite normal temperature change that has been going on for millennia. Also remember that we have been going through one of the cooling off periods recently, i.e. in the last 150 years or so, thus, it's hardly surprising that we can now expect some degree of temperature increase over the next century or so.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry but we will have to disagree about climate change. Yes to start a fire you need an ignition source. Perhaps some idiot not making sure his disposible BBQ is not placed in such a place to cause a problem, but also after they have had the BBQ not ensuring it has cooled down. Or how about those who smoke flick the cigarette butt out the window. I frequently would see council workmen were I lived in France using strimmers at the edge of forests cutting back the under growth they would also remove/prune the lower branches. Also from the middle of June you were not allowed to use a charcoal BBQ. Mind you, not policed very well as charcoal was still available in the shops.head up ****.jpgAnyone who does not believe in climate change and how humans are having an impact on it.

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    The Greeks idea of a rubbish tip, is to take it up into the mountains, and tip it over from the side of the road, and they have signed up to all the rules of the EU, and walk away laughing, glad we are out of that bloody crazy EU system. People complaining they haver to show their passport , what a bother, when the continent of Europe had more sense, you had to show your passport at every nations borders , get over it and rejoice .
    While in drydock in Skaramanga, we commuted daily by coach from our hotel in Piraeus to the dock. For two weeks the highlight of the journey was to see if the bloated carcase of a dead donkey was still lying at the side of the road, It was a sheer drop off the side but it must have been too much like hard work to push it over. The rest of the journey was like a scary fairground ride along this cliffside road, tearing round corners blindly seemed to be par for the course as there were lots of shrines all over the place dedicated to those who were not so lucky; at least there were no human corpses.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast