Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: GB news channel

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: GB news channel

Amazing really has anyone got all the facts about Huw Edwards? Not even GB news has all the facts. I am sure those fine unstanding british tabliods the Daily Mail& SUN will keep the old pot simmering for days.
    Reading some of the posts a few would appear to be acting as judge, jury & executioner.

2. Likes vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Reading some of the posts a few would appear to be acting as judge, jury & executioner.
    Something you have never been guilty of then James.

It was his WIFE who came out and named him, how much veracity do you need.

Don't forget that this man spent £35,000 (at least) of your/mine and others money on questionable photographs, he also questioned in discussions about the pay rise demands of others whilst getting a 20% pay increase himself, he also questioned and berated ministers and others for having meetings during covid whilst 'allegedly' meeting this young person in covid lockdown. So enough of your moralising James, the man is a hyprocrite, with a bit of luck we'll never see his smug face again.

4. Likes N/A, thomas michael, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I could be entirely wrong here Ivan but I get the distinct impression you do not like Huw.

6. Thanks James Curry thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As always, i feel for his family, his wife betrayed and his 5 kids (adults), the shame they now have to carry. Most of us on here were proud of the old man, i know i am, and then to find out something as horrific as that. So my thoughts are with the whole family.
    R689823

8. Thanks James Curry, N/A, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    I could be entirely wrong here Ivan but I get the distinct impression you do not like Huw.
    Not a question of Huw per se, it is sanctimonious people in general who get my goat Louis, but yes his 'butter wouldn't melt in my mouth' attitude didn't endear him to me

10. Likes Tony Taylor, N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jeez i only hope no one ever finds out i bought some mucky photographs going through the suez canal .......and even made money ie cigarettes selling them to other crew members for dare i say the capitalist word profit.....but listening to the puritans who have posted above i guess i must have been the only merchant seaman to have ever bought them guess old george robeys team must have been on a loser there ..... .....LOL R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those mucky pics pales into insignificance compare to what's on the internet now Cappy, not that i would know for sure !!!
    R689823

13. Likes cappy, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan, Police say no evidence of criminal offence committed.
    As I mentioned some would appear to be Judge , Jury and Executioner.

I would have thought that Huw Edwards was reading from a script/autocue when reading the news and other programmeshe appears on and is not expressing his own opinions or beliefs. No doubt the tabloids will keep it going. How many of those who write columns in the likes of the SUN or MAIL are fine upstanding citizens are a model for society, the likes of Piers Morgan, Jeremy Clarkson and a proven liar who writes a column for a well known daily newspaper.
    Oh dear and there is me implying Judge, Jury and executioner tut tut James go stand in the corner.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's this internet that's ruined life today. Who hasn't ever looked at any "dirty" magazines? or had "naughty" thoughts?
    How many men or women have been paid to have their picture taken with no clothes on? And in reverse, how many people have paid others for the same?
    Are they all to be classed as "perverts"?
    Personally, I see this whole issue, as a media battle between the BBC and the Sun newspaper. I haven't read the Sun since it first came out, simply because it's crap. I only watch the biased BBC news so I can judge other news outlets. I'll read the Mirror and the Mail in order to make a judgement on the truth, even then it's difficult.
    This thing has been hyped up for a reason that we don't know yet. I was getting all excited, wondering who this new scandal was about, but it's turned into a damp squib. One things for sure, there's "loadsamoney" being made by some fatcats somewhere.

16. Thanks j.sabourn, cappy, James Curry thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Morrison, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Ivan,

(1) Police say no evidence of criminal offence committed.
    As I mentioned some would appear to be Judge , Jury and Executioner.

(2) would have thought that Huw Edwards was reading from a script/autocue when reading the news and other programmeshe appears on and is not expressing his own opinions or beliefs.
    (1)James, as you would say - where did I mention criminality, but as previously said, it was his nearest and dearest who named him, well she may not be now!, but then again he may have a good pension

(2) Yes he does read from a script and and for £450,000 per annum, no doubt plus expenses and a non contributory pension fund, all from our Licence fees, I expect a bit of proprietary in return, it is nothing to do with being puranical. He also comments on the news and current affairs where-in he has expressed his personal views on politicians and others behaviour and salaries. Glass houses come to mind and hiding behind depression and mental issues is very convenient.

So stop playing the moralising hail good fellow well met, it doesn't suit you, we are used to your bolshy ways

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Jeez i only hope no one ever finds out i bought some mucky photographs going through the suez canal
    If you still have them put them up for auction on this site, you may make more than you did in business which I understand from the buggy jockey in Perf was substantial

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast