Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Electric Cars.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Electric Cars.

hi john sabourn #11
    good morning, you should buy a cheap solar panel and trickle charger, so after that it will cost you nothing,except for the beer but you could then buy a small twelve volt fridge out of what you have saved and keep in the car to put your beer in to it,
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Whatever you do Des , when the eye Doctor says read the third line down on the card, don’t say what card ? It might give the show away . Best of luck . Cheers JS.

Cheaper way Thomas would be to plug it into my neighbours connection JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 14th July 2023 at 11:11 AM.
    R575129

3. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #22
    good morning, make sure you wear your rubber gloves when plugging in.
    tom

5. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got my bus pass 2 years ago I think it was when I moved fulltime back to Wirral from France. Still no sign of my scooter as awaiting DWP on giving it the nod for my DLA. Thought I would have had word back this week sometime.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    I got my bus pass 2 years ago I think it was when I moved fulltime back to Wirral from France. Still no sign of my scooter as awaiting DWP on giving it the nod for my DLA. Thought I would have had word back this week sometime.
    Can you get DLA if you are on state pension?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    Can you get DLA if you are on state pension?
    I have sent you a PM Tony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    I was having the rear discs replaced on my Kona on Wednesday they were flagged up on the cars 1st MOT as possible failure. Bit peed off about that as the car only has 34000 miles on the clock so £100+ expense I was not expecting. Talkig to the salesman he was asking me if I was ready for a change. There is a new Kona model due in 6 months and they were doing pre orders . So while waiting thought I would let him do the talk. New , petrol only non hybrid start price £24000. so he says it would cost me £14000 to cahnge. I burst out laughing. I asked him if he was taking the pis-. You have a same model Kona there on your forecourt same age and 25,000 more miles than mine at £14295 and you are basically offering me £10,000 on mine. Ah!!! lets just see if I can do a bit better on the trade in allowance value , much sucking of breath and comes back with a revised figure £12,500.
    No thanks not interested. I have never liked the Kona anyway, not a bad car but just find the ride a bit firm. Anyway told him I will be changing in about 6 months and looking at the Dacia duster or the Sandero stepway. Dacia have quoted me £12700 against a duster so to change will be about £5000. He laughs a Dacia !!!! well seeing as it is nearly £10,000 than an equavilant Kona makes economic sense to me. Yes but we offer a 5 years warranty Dacia is only 3, great so you are telling me that the replacement rear discs will be done under warranty Ah!!! no so much for the 5 years warranty then.
    Anyway back to EV cars I still think they are a con job and the polloution mining must cause and the need for creating more infrastructure they can keep there EV's
    Dacia are introducing into the UK the Dacia Spring there EV. It has been onsale in Europe since 2021 the UK will get an upgraded model in 2024 the expected cost will be just under £18,000 against the near £30,000 for equavanliant type models. Watch the prices tumble once that arrives. Still they do not interest me.
    The last Dacia introduced here had a Euro NCAP safety rating of 1*, whereas most manufacturers wouldn’t release a vehicle with a safety rating of less than 5*.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#27 Simple answer yes, my sister is a pensioner and gets DLA (Disability Living Allowance) name changed to PIP (Personal Independance Payment) a few years ago maybe just in Scotland not sure, but in Scotland changed yet again to ADP (Adult Disability Payment). My sister uses it to pay for a small car which she gets instead of the cash, changed every two years.

UK003715

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Patagual....just inland from Coronel, Chile.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On the subject of EV's...... There is a channel on YouTube called TheMacmaster ....He has a Porsche Taycan and has posted quite a few on the subject,

Well worth a visit. His latest is noted below....He is taking the Taycan back and exchanging it for a Boxster....with a petrol engine. Had enough. See his previous postings as he explains his disappointment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxQa...l=TheMacMaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaylor View Post
    The last Dacia introduced here had a Euro NCAP safety rating of 1*, whereas most manufacturers wouldn’t release a vehicle with a safety rating of less than 5*.
    Hence the price. Seems strange that the Dacia Stepway shares the same floor pan and a lot more for the Renault Captur which has a 5 star rating and the Dacia only scores 2 stars.
    Maybe a mis print the 2021 Renault Zoe scores 0 stars and a Zoe is not cheap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3