Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Freedom of Speech is dead

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Freedom of Speech is dead

Nigel Farage has had is banking account closed by his bank.
    He believes the closing of his accounts is due to his questioning of LBGT and does women have penises.
    Its coming to light that other clients of First Direct have had their accounts closed when questioning why First Direct has the rainbow flag on its headed paper.
    Vic
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Freedom of Speech is dead

Vic, the whole worlds going mad, did anyone notice on the BBC news, and the daily papers, a 15 year old lad accused of sexual assault at a school in Essex, in a GENDER NEAUTRAL toilet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-66052546
    Surely anyone with the slightest bit of common dog **** , would have seen that this is crazy.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As per title Vic , it has been since the first Golly disappeared out of the toy shops . And off the jars of Jam in the grocery store. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 1st July 2023 at 09:17 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was in the pub yesterday afternoon and got talking to a pair of Aussie guys who were over here for the cricket. They were telling me that the problems we have with all this political correctness is the same in oz and growing by the day. Basicly it is the minority dictating to the majority of the population how they should think and act. Well I am like most on this site think it will be a cold day in hell before I conform to the woke brigade.
    One thing I did learn from the Australian guys was that He had a daughter who was coming over here to work on a 2 year student visa. Beside the cost of the visa He had to pay a substantial sum to make sure that she would never be a burden on the NHS etc. Which I never knew about. Methinks they should do that to a lot of visitors or make sure they have medical insurance to cover their trip. It would certainly it would certainly stop the huge sums that the NHS can never recover from individuals who think the NHS is free for everybody.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I remember a number of years ago John , my wife was over seeing her mother before she passed away Whilst over there she had to see a doctor . He was a foreigner and he charged her over 100 pounds for the privilege . Even though she had a uk pension card . Put me completely 0ff going by herself ever again. If he had tried the same game with me he would still be regretting it. He was the local family doctor as well , I pity his clientele . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john walker View Post
    One thing I did learn from the Australian guys was that He had a daughter who was coming over here to work on a 2 year student visa. Beside the cost of the visa He had to pay a substantial sum to make sure that she would never be a burden on the NHS etc. Which I never knew about.
    When my twin daughters went work-about in Australia in 1990's for 7 months, the Australian Embassy advised me that I had to put £4000 in each of their Bank accounts linked to their credit cards to cover any unforseen expenses, in addition I had to pay for all their internal flights in advance, this had to be done before the visas were issued and proof supplied. The most expensive holiday I never had!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan for the first few years out here as a landed immigrant I had to pay full medical bills.Tax on every penny I earned as could not get a tax file number until I became a citizen , and had to sign a paper I had no claim on any Australian benefits. In addition to this employment was subject to union approval via the maritime union .The last named subject was the worst . I had to threaten them with taken to court if they preferred to refuse me admission.
    They backed down but even then I had to appear before the membership to show them was acceptable . Today like the uk you get these homeless probably better off refugees who are handed everything on a silver platter. There is something Wrong somewhere .As regards my wife being fleeced by the local GP in the uk she held a British passport ,a uk pension card , a card for travel on the uk buses , JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 1st July 2023 at 11:24 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Indian medical professionals are still held in very high esteem in the UK

9. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John #4, same applies this end for migrants.
    Must put up a bond, repayable once working and registered with Medicare.

But yes the minority here make the most noise so are listened to the most.
    The majority are either from the rainbow brigade or general crack pots.

Most not worth a bloody cracker but the polis and local councils are even worse when it come to cow towing to them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks Hazel Stringer thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good bank to keep clear of.

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly not that way now, some backpackers have next to nothing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast