Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Freezing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Freezing

Reading those temperatures down in OZ, reminded me of frozen pipes and the dangers thereof . Temp here yesterday on the Island was 20deg, wife and myself had gone in to town yesterday to shop for clothes for a wedding, my dear wife found the very dress she liked in the first shop (unbelievable), so on the way home was feeling good. Walked in to the house to hear the fire alarm ringing, opened the hallway door, and the whole bungalow was full of steam, a sauna !!, what had happened was the hot tap connector had blown, so the boiler was pumping out hot water, and the whole vanity unit was disintegrating , and the bedroom and carpet under 2inches of water. So even in summer burst pipes can occur. Thank my lucky stars i had not gone away on holiday, boiling hot water pumping for a week solid. So today dealing with the insurers.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Vernon married in a catholic church and back then you had to go into the back room for a civil one after.
    Terri is Catholic so considered married in the main church, for me then about an hour later.

Freezing, do not talk to me of freezing.
    Just had the gas bill in, need a large, very large dink.
    Used 14% less gas than same time than last year but bill up by 60%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, Doc Vernon, cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Well Vernon married in a catholic church and back then you had to go into the back room for a civil one after.
    !
    ??? I got married in Bristol Catholic Cathedral in 1965, the only time we left the altar in 90 minutes on it, was to go and sign the register with the registrar, we didn't have another ceremony in the back. Marriages in Catholic churches were legal, as they are now. Whether you get married in RC, C of E, Registry Office etc etc there is always a break in the ceremony to go and sign the Register of Marriages before you can be pronounced Man or Wife, or whatever words they use these days

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When the minister pronounced us Man & Wife there was a clap of Thunder and the heavens opened so the minister said , well god has had his say be it approval or disapproval only time will tell. 40+years on I reckon he approved. Also the Minister was delighted as he had just married to Catholics in a Presbyterian. Me having been divorced the RC mob would not marry us same as the church of England would not. So press button B would. Must have been the first time that church was full of Catholics,Vicar loved it and milked it. Would not have bothered me if we had wed on a bus but Karen wanted her big day so why not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My third and Present Marriage in a Roam Catholic Church on the Bluff Durban 1967. All Vows exchanged etc and then that was it, we were Man and Wife!
    As they say Third Time Lucky! And Boy is that true with me!
    Now going on to our 56th in December! Holy Cow!!!

Yes John as my Gas bill isnt due till near end August now, i am not holding my Breath at all mate! I have this Central Heating on a heck of a lot this Winter, so can well expect the Bill to be a really hefty one this Year!

But so far and no kidding i have some $3868 in Credit with my Gas Bill, and also have $2758 with my Electric Bill. So i am not really worried! LOL Mmmmm!!!

Gas
    Current bill period

29 May - 24 Aug

Account balance

$3,868.83 CR

Electricity
    Current bill period17 Apr - 13 Jul

Account balance

$2,758.53 CR

Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

7. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vernon.
    Our Electricity bill last time was the lowest since we came back from NZ, this year like you, probably had the same letter warning the price will be going up in Aug. We don't have Gas, one bill is enough for us. The single woman with two kids that lives next door has both electric and gas air conditioning, hate to be paying her bills.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Down her we just had the coldest day of the year, down to 11.1 at 1600 hours.
    Cod nights as low as 7 on a couple of occasions.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doc with that amount of credit think I would be insisting on a review of my direct debits, get a better return in your bank than theirs.

I have a mate from my school years he is on wife number 4. I asked him why bother getting married why not just live with someone and save all the hassle of divorce.
    His answer cracked me up.

I like wedding cake

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have always had a lot of Credit on all my accounts James, it really helps and keeps my mind at rest should anything happen to me, thus leaving the Wife with less worry at such a time !
    As said all my accounts are like that, Water, Rates,Foxtel, Phone and whatever else! Funeral also fully Paid with Plot, if needed (Otherwise it will be sold by the Kids) If we are Cremated which is now on the Cards! So all in all i rest peaceably while still on the Planet! LOL
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Within the next fortnight I will be making I believe my final adjustments of whatever small income I have as at least 2 of the pensions I have will be much reduced on my disappearance, and others have to be able to pay the bills. Everyone has to make these decisions , unfortuanetly with age one loses their business acumen so is best to do this before this happens.. Best of luck Vernon at least I know there are others in the same straits. Cheers JS
    R575129

15. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2