Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Greece boat disaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Greece boat disaster

Maybe I have been looking in the wrong place but have yet to read a single comment about the tragedy that happened this week off the Greek coast on here.
    It is estimated that the death toll will be as high as 500 people. Would appear no interest in the loss of those people who only wanted a better life. So sad, 500 maybe.jpg This was taken a few hours before she sank.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65925558.amp

2. Thanks Doc Vernon, john mc dermott thanked for this post
    Likes john mc dermott liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Greece boat disaster

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Maybe I have been looking in the wrong place but have yet to read a single comment about the tragedy that happened this week off the Greek coast on here.
    It is estimated that the death toll will be as high as 500 people. Would appear no interest in the loss of those people who only wanted a better life. So sad, 500 maybe.jpg This was taken a few hours before she sank.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65925558.amp
    Is that a towing bridle that can be seen ?.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We can all read the news and it was a sad event, but what can we do, perhaps the death toll may have been less if the men had bothered to try and save the women and children reported to be onboard, as looking at the survivors they are all healthy fit young men as usual. As for the death toll it is all supposition as no one but no one knows how many or who were actually on board, but looking at the vessel and live footage prior the sinking it would appear unlikely that the vessel was able to carry the published 700 souls on board. And just a thought, why, if as reported, were all the women and children put in the hold, if I was going to make a new life for my family and they were on the same vessel I would want them close to me. Alas some have different values.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan perhaps the lay out for those onboard below deck was akin to thisbunks.jpg.
    Let's face it these people running these refugee boats are no better than slave traders.
    Why are the navies of europe not out there patrolling the mediterranean sea and (A) stopping these vessels and turning them back (B) doing more to catch the people smugglers.
    I know I am shooting my own arguement down but these so called charity rescue ships. Their funding should be investigated. I would not be surprised that a lot of donations come from the people smugglers. Perhaps if thse "Charity ships"had difficulty in obtaining bunkers and supplies ?
    It would appear that Merchant ship masters have instructions from the company, if you see a refugee vessel you a re to alter course away from said vessel.

I wonder when the RNLI will start running a deep sea taxi service?
    Last edited by James Curry; 18th June 2023 at 09:09 AM.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Alan Briggs liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Ireland is sending one of its ships to patrol the coast of Libya as part of its EU commitment to prevent oil exports and smugglers, unfortunately that will leave it with its five out of commission vessels to patrol its own coast, but the point is 'if' there are other EU vessels out there what on earth are they doing. Apparently the north medi coast is expecting 3 million illegals this year, Gadaffi was right 'we will swamp you'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

# 2 probably all rigged before they left port John I wonder what any master faced with a Lloyd’s open form , and if did succeed , would know it wasn’t going to be paid. Easier for the illegal immigrant ship to blow off a ships side valve and declare himself a survivor also.The bridle is probably a dummy to fool his passengers they would get a tow into port . Cheers JS
    R575129

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seems this is a whole world on the move, apart from our problems with illegals, the Med across from Africa to the EU with no borders, so once in, free to travel. USA has a massive problem itself with its borders. Everyone trying for a better life for their families it seems.
    R689823

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi keith #7
    good morning, the only problems the west has with immigration is the globalist left wing open borders brigade, from frauline merkel whom without the authority or permission of any other country started the move and invited the third world to descend on europe like locusts to feed and live, and now together with the european union whom are globalists and are carrying out the global agenda without the reasoning or permission of its people to obliterate the european entity .
    tom

14. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#7: Can remember years ago most members on this site declared their consternation at the opening of borders.what was said then has come home to roost. Cheers JS
    Watching the news tonight in Australia showed one of Bidens emissarys visiting China. That film should never have been shown As showed the same person ignoring the Chinese emissarys there to meet him and being momentarily ignored while he spent time wth his own Embassy officials . Showed lack of knowledge of Chinese culture , don’t think his trip will be very successful . This is not a political post but shows people can be in the wrong job and do make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes cause one helluva lot of damage . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th June 2023 at 11:01 AM.
    R575129

16. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The whole system is probably financed and organised by the fatcats of the EU. The desire to level down the plebs is disguised as levelling up, this can't be done without plenty of cheap labour. If they wanted to stop it, they could, but they don't, and won't. They are the ones to blame for all of it, not the migrants.
    I wonder how it would go, if we were to get a boatload of us, and set off to France with some illegal stuff to sell there? Or even just to go there for a day out? I reckon they watch every foot of their coastline.

18. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast