Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Extinction Rebellion

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Extinction Rebellion

I like the way the French Police handle E. R.
    Told to move on, refused, Police fired tear gas and hit them with batons.
    Treated like the criminals they are.
    British Police ignore them even give them a cuppa.
    Time we adopted some of the French tactics.
    Vic
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Extinction Rebellion

Vic, the Government have more or less banned the UK police using force against protestors.
    Theresa May as Home secretary banned the use of the Water Cannon in England & Wales in 2015

Let's face it the poor protesters may catch a cold.
    The medical and technical assessment poses a series of direct and indirect medical risks from the use of water cannon.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/h...annon-decision

This was basically giving Boris Johnson the finger as he had acquired then when he was Mayor of London.

Only this week in Cardiff 10 police officers were injured in a riot after a mob attacked them blaminng them for causing the deaths of 2 teenagers. If they had had water cannon or CS gas those officers may well not have been injured.

I am sure like most in the UK they will have seen the video footage of the boys on the Escooter supposedly being chased by the Police van. Escooters are banned from being used on the roads.

The mob destroyed burnt cars broke windows and wrecked what ever they could.

Sad that 2 young boys lost there lives trying to get away from police , they hit a Bus? and died at the scene. Why were they trying to get away from the police in the first place?
    Then you get the Aunty and other family members on TV our wee Johnny and his mate were angels, everyone loved them blah blah!!! The scooter had been bought as an early birthday present for one of those killed he would have been 16.

So you get all these outraged fine upstanding citizens form a mob , overturn cars set them on fire smash the area up and attack the police Injuring 10 officers. Sorry the police should not have to take that. Politicians have tied there hands on how they can react to mob rule.
    Last edited by James Curry; 28th May 2023 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Way to go !! The French Police know how! LOL
    More of those Tactics should be used all over , even here in Aussie where there is not much push back from the Protesters . These days things like i have said about Crims in other posting, have gone too slack, and it will only get worse with the stupid lenient Rules!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

First we have to look at what is causing the problem.

Look back at your childhood and early adolescence, we found enough to do, we did not need to go and rampage as this lot do.

Why then is it different now?

Fakebook, Twotter and all the other 'Social' medias have a lot to answer for.
    The younger generation of toady are unable to do anything unless they first consult with social media, they need a cause to follow, something to fill their day.
    Unable to comprehend the real story they look to what aver fakebook for the edition there, and for sure it will find a way to enrage them.

As long as they continue with such means of misinformation the situation wlll not change.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John the way you view todays youth oh dear!!! if what you say is typical of young people in Australia you have a serious problem down there. A handful of arseholes get everyone tarred with the same brush. I can well assure you the majority of UK kids are not bad kids.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James, no one is saying they are bad kids.
    But they rely too much on social media for information, much of which is not correct.
    All countries have bad and good kids, yes the bad ones give them all a bad name, but the fact remains that they can be easily influenced.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well talking about kids being easily influnced. Big business and Adults are to blame for a major problem here.
    Big problem here in the UK are under aged kids taking up Vaping (E Cigarettes).
    Latest idea from government is to clamp down on children buying and in some instances getting free Vaping kits.
    !8 is the legal age to start either smoking or vaping.
    This week on the news.

Vaping: High lead and nickel found in illegal vapes.
    Some schools have installed sensors in schools toilets etc!!
    The number of kids you see using these things is concerning. A lot are obviously under 18 as they are still in school uniform.
    In a local shop last week there was a kid in school uniform trying to buy a vap e cig. Shop keeper reaches for it. A gent behind me says , what age are you son? 16. Shop keeper completes the sale and tells the gent to mind his own effing business.

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Today it's computers, years ago when the world was flat and most of our members, me included, were young, it was Bill Halley and his Comets and his hit "Rock Around the Clock" that gave birth to a new craze that had been started in the USA called Rock and Roll.

Don't you guys remember Edwardian clothes sweeping the youth of dear old Jolly? Teddy boys with stove pipe pants, fingertip length jackets with cuffs on the sleeves and four buttons along with double breasted waistcoats, slim Jim tie and "brothel creeper" crepe soled shoes? Money had to be saved as the "gear" had to be tailormade. And longer hair, with the front permed into curls a la Tony Curtis?

I was living in Southend on Sea, and the Movie "Blackboard Jungle" hit the silver screen and open credits played to "Rock around the Clock" and the kids in the audience, me included, went crazy at this new sound and started jiving and doubled back for the next showing and really went wild dancing in the isles. And Rock and Roll was in!

The newspapers were full of how this craze was sweeping the UK. and later Europe and the World. A little later salesales of guitars and drum sets were getting sold out, which led to the next generation and Lonnie Donegan and skiffle groups were the craze, and so it has gone on from there to computers, and so until the next hot thing the youth will take up.

Most of you sound like my dad when I was young, telling me that "The sky is Falling" "The youth of today will never amount to much", etc, etc,. Well sorry dad, but despite my Stove pipe pants and the curly front of my hair (by the way, mom permed it while you were at work), I did alright...And so will the kids of today. As did the kids of yesterday, from Adam, who didn't think much of his son Cain who snuffed his brother Abel, but then along came son Seth who cleaned the act up, and all the way down to me rocking in the isles.

Cheers, Rodney
    "Come on Baby let's do the Rock". Those were the days.
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Remember the Teddy boys very well . You’ve left one thing out of the dress of some of them though Rodney and that was the 7 o”clock razor blades some effected to put behind the lapels of their jackets to slice the hands of the unaware who grabbed them by the collar to put the head in . Was a violent world at times then also, things don’t change that much. National Service worked well for some of them and army discipline sorted some out , met one who told me was stationed in Hong Kong when in the cells for misbehaviour the 2 inches of water on the deck and no bed to lie in was a strong reprimand for bad behaviour especially when were in for a week or so. That together with a short back and sides was enough to break them .was good enough for Delilah with Sampson ,the average Ted was small meat in comparison . Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 31st May 2023 at 12:01 AM.
    R575129

13. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Remember the gangs who roamed some streets back then.
    The leader would be the local bully followed by the sheep of young lads.
    It got bad at times, remember Craig and Bently, young men who tried to take on the law.
    Every generation has good and bad, some times more one way than the other.
    But the greater majority do good in the end, we all went through the adolescence period when we were not sure what was right or wrong.

My drain pipe trousers were so tight I had to have buttons at the end to close up once I had them on.
    Skiffle group with wash board and base sound from a wooded box with a string on a broom handle.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast