Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolf

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Rolf

Rolf Harris died yesterday aged 93 . Doubt he will receive a State Funeral though. Sailed with a chief Steward when in JIJ who had gone to school with him in Perth. JS
    R575129

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rolf

Yes saw this on the News Today JS
    Although i know that he was in the News and not for the best reasons of late, i wish that the Bleedin News would stop all this about ones past, in the case of a death! Rolf gave us all some great Years of Entertainment, why keep on Crucifying the poor Man! Let him rest in Peace!
    Sorry to see him go!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used to marvel at his printings, and the way he performed om stage, pity he didn't perform better in life. But as Vernon says he did give us plenty to laugh about.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He did the crime and also did his time. That should be it. Even my wife said on watching the news why do they have to keep repeating his misdemeanours he’s dead , but still has family, who probably see him in a different light. The media circus will never change . This tripe about freedom of the Press is garbage at the best of times. JS
    I put a man in gaol in Dakar for attempted murder , he only got 3 years at the Old Bailey . I have his name in my memory for ever but will not repeat it .He paid the penalty according to the law and is entitled to live his life today, if still alive , as normal as he wants. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th May 2023 at 01:25 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    The press at the moment are crucifying the policeman who Tasered that woman, without a scerick of knowledge about what went on ,
    they have even printed his picture, which some scroat had sent them, great with the massive family she has.
    My daughter was up yesterday and she told us some stories from when she worked in a asylum in Sydney for six years, a young nurse went to take a knife of a patient with dementia he stabbed her in the neck, she was lucky to survive, my daughter confronted a man with Dementia pushing a wheelie with a knife in his hand, she went behind him and shook the wheelie he dropped the knife and grabbed for the handles. She said it depended on the persons time and in particular; training.
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 24th May 2023 at 01:33 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My mention of Dakar and the attempted murder think I mentioned it in someone else’s post titled “ My worse Xmas At Sea “ because he had at least one murder on the same ship after I left off the coast of South America. The ship was the Rosewood , the master at the second incident I knew very well so am conversant with the truth of the episode in question .My own episode I was there at the centre of the controversy . A Scotland Yard detective also associated with an earlier ship of the same name got in touch with me via the site , but couldn’t help him much as his Rosewood was a tanker of an earlier vintage. It’s a small world . Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th May 2023 at 02:30 AM.
    R575129

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Des
    Sad story about the Lady and the Policeman involved. Its a hrad case this and we shall have to see what transpires. Yes he has been stood down, but as you mention do they really know the details yet!? For me though i do wonder why a Big Burly Policeman would Taser an old Lady with a Walking Frame, even though she did have a knife in her one hand! My thoughts are could he have not taken that away from her without too much bother? At that age surely the Lady was not such a threat! But then who knows!

Will leave it there , and see what happens now!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He died some two weeks ago and was cremated.
    Family said nothing until today fearful of reprisals at the time.

Recall him on UK TV when he began the Rolf Harris show back in about 1957.
    Painted the back of his had to look like the head of an Octopus. wiggled is fingers, and other parts later in life, calling it 'Ollly the Octopus'
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks Doc Vernon, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#7 Any person with a knife in their hand in a threatening position is a danger and not knowing the state age or otherwise would be in a dilemna and have to act quickly he could so easily of drawn his firearm instead, a tazer usually is not fatal. according to our wonderful media the damage she incurred was due to her fall. Now Brian and me know all about falls dont we Brian ? when I had my confrontation with the would be stabber, I was looking for the knife which he must have thrown over the side, I can assure you if I had of had a firearm and he came towards me threateningly, I would of used it without thinking too much about it. After the second action replay described in my worse Xmas at sea the company sent a memo round the fleet to all masters and mates asking if they wanted a firearm on board . I voted No as knew I would use without hesitation. However others thought otherwise and the ships were supplied with single action pump shotguns. JS
    PS For those who dont know it an average run of the mill trampship used to carry a straight jacket and two pairs of handcuffs as a means of subduing anyone who was likely to go berserk, these were kept in the mates cabin either in locker or under settee. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th May 2023 at 07:19 AM.
    R575129

15. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mmm, i wonder if you would feel so forgiving of this guy if it had been your young daughter that this guy had been enjoying himself with ?, i,m afraid he was a very talented man who was the author of his own downfall with very filthy desires, but maybe i am just the odd one out.
    R689823

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast