Thread: Horse Racing /Snooker Protests

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Horse Racing /Snooker Protests

What is wrong with these people. Really is time this was dealt with in a proper manor.

A group of assholes tried to stop the grand national on Saturday casuing a delay for the start of the race. Owners and trainers are blaming these actions for the death of a horse at the first fence. They are saying the delay lead to the horses getting stressed. It is normal before the race starts that jockeys approach the first fence and the get a look at it. They reckon this helps calm the horses down a bit. Because of the delay this did not happen this year and there were a few fallers at fence 1.

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/two-arre...202310220.html These assholes spoilt my TV viewing tonight.
    Yes they have the right to protest but they do not have the right to stop sporting events.
    I wonder how they travelled to Sheffield today.

2. Thanks happy daze john in oz, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Horse Racing /Snooker Protests

We have jump racing here but not steeplechases.

But still there are a few who want it banned, but worse still there are some Greens who say all horse racing should go.
    Their argument, it is not natural for a horse to race!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Apparently climate change protesters, how the hell snooker causes climate change, will see what punishment dished out. they should be locked up in a prison cell, with no heating, let them freeze in the name of climate change, only cold food, no electric light etc. kt
    R689823

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They use every means possible, as long as it's on the telly, or some other media, to get their point across. Horses love running and jumping, they do it without anyone on their back, it's their nature. If they don't want to do it, they won't.
    Most horses are cared for better than many people. We are a horsey family, always had them. I rode since I was a kid, even as a seaman, I always found somewhere to go riding (horses that is ).
    Made me laugh when they were holding up traffic on the M25, thousands of trucks and cars were sitting there with engines running for hours, they were obviously saving the planet.

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

By their actions they are creating an adverse affect of what they are hoping to achieve, as people are pizzed off with them. As Maggie said starve them of publicity and they will find they don't have an audience.

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Marian Gray Guest

#5, My thoughts too Ivan. Can you imagine the furore if it had taken place in a private snooker club! They instigators would have been dragged off tout suite and the security video wiped.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If it had happened in a snooker hall I suspect a few cues would have needed re tipped certainly would have needed more chalkMassive fine and community service , loads of Pot Holes need attending.

13. Likes Ivan Cloherty, Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I suppose it's always gone on, this protesting lark. Women only got the vote because some woman jumped under a racehorse at a race meeting. She did all kinds of things, from starving herself, getting arrested, and other things.
    I even protested once, in a way. In the early 60s, it was cool to be a Che Guevara supporter, so everyone had Tshirts and things with his picture on the front. I didn't have one, but a bunch of us painted CHE on the back of our jackets. It was only when going through the lock gates into London, that we noticed people on buses, and walking across the gates were all killing themselves laughing. Some blokes were calling out "Yoohoo" and other rude remarks, much to our disdain.
    Once we'd docked, we soon found out what CHE meant in English There was a rush to remove the paint from the back of some dearly beloved, much treasured jean jackets, and wet weather gear. Good job we never went down the Kent Arms for a pint that day.

15. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Marian Gray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    I suppose it's always gone on, this protesting lark. Women only got the vote because some woman jumped under a racehorse at a race meeting. She did all kinds of things, from starving herself, getting arrested, and other things.
    An extremely summarised version Johnny but there were two types of protestors in the ''Votes for Women'' era. The longstanding element from 1860 onwards, maintained peaceful protests, such as campaigning petitions, considered debate, and non-violent marches all within the Law, they were known latterly as Suffragists by 1900. However, due to the frustration at the lack of progress and broken promises from Parliament a more militant branch evolved in 1903. The huge difference being the tactics employed set about promoting their cause through violence and all that it entailed. Their motto ''Deeds Not Words'' was well before the Epsom Downs escapade and right up to the commence of WW1. These women were known as Suffragettes a force to be reckoned with! If I recall correctly British women were some of the last to be given the vote in the Western world as it stands today. Heeps more information out there for pursual.